My first interview

coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
Thank God!

It has been almost 8 months trying to get my first interview, and i finally had it this morning!!!!!
I went to their website last nite, and it wowed me totally. The company is called Blizzard. They work on the most popluar game in the world today "World of Warcraft"!
I went there, and i was so impressed. The surrounding buildings were; Cisco Systems, Intel, Xerox, and some other big ones.

The job was to work in a Tech support team as Level 1 Tech support assisting on-line players around US with their account problems, game problems (even including character leveling strategies), whatever they have problems with BattleNet's patches, etc.
Inside the building was full of WoW posters, statues, and toys. They even have employees with their job is to sit down and play the game testing new characters and weapons(how kool is that)

I was interview by two guys at the same time. They were totally kool. i had to take a quiz which consists of 50 questions. Some XP Knowledge, some on basic PC knowledge, some on networking issues, and rest were personal characteristic questions.

Interview went well, but after i was done with the test, both managers went out to lunch. So, i called my recruiter. She told me to just go home, relax, and wait for their decision.

First thing i told the manager when i met and shake his hands was "Oh, sir. It is such an honor to be here. I love computer games! and its World of Warcraft??"
He loved my comment, and laughed.

Do you guys play WoW? have any ideas to give me if i did get the job..i just want to know much info as possible to be prepared to answer phone calls.

Thanks guys!
Good luck with certs and jobs!
"If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i think it would be cool working for blizzard. However, Think about how much youre going to enjoy being on the phone with 15-year-old a-holes who have nothing better to do except complain about why thier WoW character is not working right ALL DAY!!! icon_lol.gif

all kidding aside, this can be a great oppurtunity! You could move right on up the ladder there. Either way, I would like to try my hand at working for someone like blizzard.

good luck :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • thesemantheseman Member Posts: 230
    As a gamer (console) I am extremely jealous. One of my fantasies is working for a video game developer, working on their network. Thats right, total erotic fantasy.

Sorry if this ends up being a double post
  • coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
    theseman wrote:
    As a gamer (console) I am extremely jealous. One of my fantasies is working for a video game developer, working on their network. Thats right, total erotic fantasy.

rofl dude..i havn't even got a job yet!
    "If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."
  • Knives OutKnives Out Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Granted its only been a couple days since your interview, did you hear anything back yet? Would this be one of the gm jobs?

I play World of Warcraft, I find it is very conducive to procrastination!

(Level 70 undead mage on Burning Blade realm)

icon_redface.gif
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is a job and think of a way that you will enjoy the most regading working with the company. You will do fine.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
    Knives Out wrote:
    Granted its only been a couple days since your interview, did you hear anything back yet? Would this be one of the gm jobs?

I play World of Warcraft, I find it is very conducive to procrastination!

(Level 70 undead mage on Burning Blade realm)

icon_redface.gif

no man. i went there on Thursday, and they didn't call back yet. I am very nervous, and shattered at this moment. I was the only one being interviewed that day, so they might be interviewing other candidates, too. Please God. Give it to me! lol
    i regret i never played WoW after they asked me if i ever tried it..I am currently playing Guildwars (have all 3 campaigns) and best part is Trading..lol..i spend most of my time trading rather than playing the game...I want Tormented Shield!!!!

and..after i read your reply, i had to flip a dictionary..hehe
    icon_sad.gif

didn't get the job...oh well
  • IT_AdminIT_Admin Member Posts: 158
    ****, that sucks.

Just keep your head up, and keep putting those resumes out there.
    Next victim: 70-351

On my way to MCSE 2K3: Security
  • plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    coldbug wrote:
    icon_sad.gif

didn't get the job...oh well

Spewin'