References

IT_AdminIT_Admin Member Posts: 158
I have a job interview tomorrow; I had a brief phone interview. Everything was going good. We were just finalizing the last few details for the face to face meeting for tomorrow, when she asked me to bring in 3 references with me. I have never been asked for references before on ANY job interview, I have managers that I know I can use as references, the problem is how do I present this tomorrow? Is there a certain format to display references???
Next victim: 70-351

On my way to MCSE 2K3: Security

Comments

• mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    Here is what I do...

I use the same letterhead for my reference as my resume, just title it "References" I then list their name, company, job title, relation to you, and phone number. Make sure you get their permission to use them as a reference.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Hey, I just had this happen to me for the first time... and on a contract position, no less.

When the call came in for a followup interview, so did the request for 3 references. As they already had my resume, I just printed them up on a blank sheet of paper.

As for prepping the references... not only did I get their "OK" to use them, but I also found a sample script online and read it to them, so they knew what to expect (two of them hadn't been used as references before).

HTH,
    Mike
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.