CEH Validity Period

jbondjbond Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just got this from the CEH website:

Do I have to recertify?
From June 2007 onwards, CEH certification will be valid for 2 years. You will need to earn EC-Council Professional Education Credits (EPE) to maintain the certification.

http://www.eccouncil.org/faq.htm

Comments

• silentc1015silentc1015 Member Posts: 128
    jbond wrote:
    Just got this from the CEH website:

Do I have to recertify?
    From June 2007 onwards, CEH certification will be valid for 2 years. You will need to earn EC-Council Professional Education Credits (EPE) to maintain the certification.

http://www.eccouncil.org/faq.htm

My understanding is that if you became certified before June (next month) you won't have to recertify. I'm actually planning on taking the exam this afternoon to avoid getting a cert that must be renewed through testing every two years. I'd email them and ask though, just to be sure.

If you haven't gotten your cert yet, you could probably study it and pass very quickly if you have a lot of security experience. I have some security experience and I've found that there just wasn't very much new information for me at all. It was pretty disappointing, but oh well. Another credential never hurts, I suppose.
  • diceonediceone Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i wrote an email to the eccouncil to ask if i have to recertifie. this is what they answered:

Information on ECE credits will soon be posted on our website. Please look out for it.

what an answer!!! i hope that every one that has passed the test yet, doesn´t need to recertifie. i have not the time for thinks like this. i am working on other certifications.
  • securinatesecurinate Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    All,

I'm sitting in class right now with Vigilar up in D.C. and they are still administering the CEH V4 exam up until 1 June 2007. After that they will implement the newest version, CEH V5, which you will need to renew every 2yrs through EPE's. This doesn't mean that you must take the exam every 2yrs, however you must stay consistent in the security industry just like a CISSP must. Writing whitepapers, attending conferences, subscribing to infosec. mags, are all ways a CISSP can stay current so I'd assume that EC-Council will be the same. Anyways long story short, hurry up and take the exam if you think that you are ready!!
  • rbutturinirbutturini Member Posts: 123
    Do you have any idea how long it takes them to send you the registration code? I faxed my paperwork off this morning, but would like to get the exam in before they unleash a new version (which my study materials probably don't cover) and force me to renew every two years..thanks for any feedback!
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    rbutturini wrote:
    Do you have any idea how long it takes them to send you the registration code? I faxed my paperwork off this morning, but would like to get the exam in before they unleash a new version (which my study materials probably don't cover) and force me to renew every two years..thanks for any feedback!

It shouldn't take more than 10 business days. If it takes longer, email haja@eccouncil.org
  • silentc1015silentc1015 Member Posts: 128
    rbutturini wrote:

It took 2 business days for mine to arrive by email.
  • jbondjbond Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As they had promised, I received my certificate and package 4 weeks after I passed the test.
    The certificate did not have validity or expiry date on it.

However, a paper in the package had everything that was in the ECC FAQ web page. It said that from June 2007, CEH certification will be valid for 2 years only.