deltree DOS COMMAND??

chelchchelch Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
In the mike meyers all in one 5th ed book it says you can use a command in dos called deltree to delete a directory as well as all files and sub-directories within a folder.

When I try the command in XP it says the command is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I know I am doing this right but dos does not seems to recognize this command. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks[/b]

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    If I rememer correctly the command is not available on OSs that are not built on NT (NT, 2000, XP) but only one DOS and Windows 9x/me.
  • chelchchelch Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks. I wish they would say that in the book. It's a bit confusing. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think if you read the start of the chapter it will tell you that the DOS commands are only for DOS and Win9x OS.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    While studying for my A+, I made a big deal of memorzing the AT commands to test modems in dos/9.x and then learned it wasn't even in 2K/XP. It's probably a good idea to note for sure which commands work for which OS.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • matts5074matts5074 Member Posts: 148
    Ghent wrote:
    While studying for my A+, I made a big deal of memorzing the AT commands to test modems in dos/9.x and then learned it wasn't even in 2K/XP. It's probably a good idea to note for sure which commands work for which OS.

Not even in 2K/XP? All those AT commands should work find in Hyperterminal, even on 2K/XP.
  • voldarvoldar Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, the AT commands, you "don't use" them :)). In fact, I used them a lot, because as you all know, XP and 2K don't have the TONE - PULSE option when you want to connect through your phone line. I was able to force dial-up in pulse mode by adding ATDP infront of the number, and it worked very well!
    Go figure :P