Just Passed the CEH

silentc1015silentc1015 Member Posts: 128
Well, I just passed the CEH exam this morning. I passed with a 77% when a 70% was required. That was cutting it a little close, but that's okay with me.

Without breaking the NDA, I'd like to talk about the test a bit. There were a lot of very specific questions relating to the various pen testing tools, like what certain flags do. The questions were all very detailed. Some of the technicalities of the various attacks were touched upon. Many real-life scenarios were displayed and questions asked about them.

Basically, if you want to pass you need to know you're tools and the details of various attacks pretty well. But of course you probably knew that. icon_wink.gif I DID find that my CISSP studies enabled me to know a lot of the information and theory questions.

Next on the list is RHCE and Linux+ simultaneously. See you guys in the forums over there!

Comments

• BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif Congrats on your pass!

What did you use to study for this exam??
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • silentc1015silentc1015 Member Posts: 128
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    icon_thumright.gif Congrats on your pass!

What did you use to study for this exam??

Good question. I used the ExamCram published book and the official review guide. I also went through all the exercises in the ExamCram book and did some experimenting on my own with a vmware virtual network using virtual machines.
  • securinatesecurinate Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    good job, I'm testing this afternoon with Vigilar as soon as this bootcamp is over...crossing my fingers...
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats...what did you think of the test?!?
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□