I got a job again!

win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
Just wanted to share my experience with everyone who thinks they might have lost hope, keep going their is a job out there for you. I was the I.T Dept for 6 months for this small company great experience but was bloody hell, and eventually got tired of it. But now i got a contract job with some staffing company to work for Sprint doing 100% helpdesk answering phones/emails only. With my experience I hope to learn fast here and move up maybe. It is a contract though, and somebody told me Sprint never hires contract employees permanant they maybe better than their system admin, so kinda discouraged, but i'll give it my best i suppose and see what happens. I dont have any helpdesk experience of course, like ticket-systems and what not, but have a hella of a lot experience. I mean most helpdesk people probably arent expected to know about Windows Server 2003, but i do. In fact i just need 2 more exams to finish my MCSA. I'am kinda nervous though, its natural i suppose. Anyhow sorry about going on and on, wish me luck i start next Monday. :D

win2k4

Comments

• seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    My only experience with Sprint helpdesk wasnt a very good one.

I was having an issue installing one of thier wireless broadband cards. The technician had me make some changes and restart. As soon as the system came up again he told me to shut it down and let it sit for about 10 sec then turn it back on. He told me it was his little trick that always worked.

It didnt.
  • win2k8win2k8 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 262
    o well hopefully i can be a good help in improving their helpdesk then :D
  • elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    My only experience with Sprint helpdesk wasnt a very good one.

I was having an issue installing one of thier wireless broadband cards. The technician had me make some changes and restart. As soon as the system came up again he told me to shut it down and let it sit for about 10 sec then turn it back on. He told me it was his little trick that always worked.

It didnt.

LOL
    stonecold26.jpg
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anyone gonna congratulate win2k4?
    Okay, I will.

Congrats on the new job! icon_thumright.gif

:D
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Absolutely, Congrats!

Sorry if my amusing story took some of the spot light.
  • jasonbochejasonboche Member Posts: 167
    Congratulations!!!! Rockin!!!

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Congats! With that kind of attitude something might just open up for you. :D
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats, its always a step in right direction to be employed in the kinda work you enjoy! take it as a stepping stone if nothing else.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158