Options

Post-illness. CCNP exam retirement question. Please help. :)

pizzafartpizzafart Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello, about a year ago I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, just after having passed my BCSMN exam (pass date was 4 Jun 2006). It pretty much knocked me out of I.T. until I changed my diet and had some significant improvement.

Well, a couple of months ago I found out that I don't have MS, but that instead I have something called Chiari malformation which has at least the potential of being less brutal and even correctable/improved through brain surgery (yikes).

Anyway, I've gone ahead and decided to continue my CCNP studies. So, in response to my sob story, could someone kindly tell me whether I need to retake any exams? :)

So far I have BSCI and BCMSN finished (March 11 2006 and June 4th 2006 respectively). I see that there are two new tests out there. My cert path on the Cisco site says that my certs are valid until June 2009. So, can I get away with just taking the new exams and be done with it?

Any help is most appreciated and I promise I tried to find this info on the Cisco page; no luck!

Allan

Comments

• Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Well correct me if i'm wrong anyone...

Since your exams are still valid and not expired I believe they will still count towards your CCNP...

Looking at the link for ther CCNP tests
    http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le10/learning_certification_type_home.html

I dont see why moving on to 642-825 ISCW and 642-548 ONT wouldn't be your next steps...
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    pizzafart wrote:
    Hello, about a year ago I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, just after having passed my BCSMN exam (pass date was 4 Jun 2006). It pretty much knocked me out of I.T. until I changed my diet and had some significant improvement.

Well, a couple of months ago I found out that I don't have MS, but that instead I have something called Chiari malformation which has at least the potential of being less brutal and even correctable/improved through brain surgery (yikes).

Anyway, I've gone ahead and decided to continue my CCNP studies. So, in response to my sob story, could someone kindly tell me whether I need to retake any exams? :)

So far I have BSCI and BCMSN finished (March 11 2006 and June 4th 2006 respectively). I see that there are two new tests out there. My cert path on the Cisco site says that my certs are valid until June 2009. So, can I get away with just taking the new exams and be done with it?

Any help is most appreciated and I promise I tried to find this info on the Cisco page; no luck!

Allan

pizzafart,

Head over to the CCNP Prep Center and look at the CCNP TV program dated August 30, 2006.

Here's how:
    1. Go to the CCNP Prep Center at http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/CCNP?page=main .
    2. In the center section, under the words "How to Log In", follow the link for _cisco.com registration_
    3. Complete the registration process.
    4. Go back to the CCNP Prep Center at http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/CCNP?page=main
    5. Login to the CCNP Prep Center
    6. In the center section with tabs |Overview|Exam Study|Discussions|News and Information|CCNP TV| , click the |CCNP TV| tab.
    7. In the center section, under the words "Stay Current on Certifications and Training", there should be a CCNP TV program dated August 30, 2006 called "CCNP Program Information and Wireless Fundamentals." Scroll down and click the link for _Watch the Show_.
    8. In the "VideoOnDemand" window that should pop up, under the section heading "CCNP Recertification" click the [>] Play button.
    9. In the second "VideoOnDemand" window that should pop up, on the right side, click the "Mix and Match to Achieve CCNP" to hear the answer to your question.

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    pizzafartpizzafart Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It looks like I'm good as long as ALL my ccnp tests have been taken within 3 years of eachother. Thank you!
  • Options
    Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    that sux
    i herd u leik mudkips lol