Ubuntu Certified Professional

MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Yup, I noticed that when I was looking at the LPI exams, (before I got derailed and started working on CCNA). I had the option of taking LPI-101, LPI-102, or the Ubuntu-199 exam. I checked it out on LPI's website, and they had a little bit of info regarding the Ubuntu speciality.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • ThiassiThiassi Member Posts: 167
    Interesting. Anyone know of any study material for this yet?
    ~Thiassi
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I could not find any study material specific to the exam but I think any Ubuntu book would help.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-1763450-7055937?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ubuntu
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • floppydiskfloppydisk Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    "Candidates interested in obtaining status as an Ubuntu Certified Professional will first need to obtain LPIC-1"

Sounds like the Ubuntu exam is more difficult than LPI level 1 combined....
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the Ubuntu Certified Professional exam exists anymore? I couldn't find it anywhere on Ubuntu's web site. I'm thinking about going through LPIC-1 and LPIC-2 next year.
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    I haven't seen it listed on ubuntu's site, which can mean only one thing...
    On the other hand, even if it was still alive, I wonder about its recognition among recruiters and potential candidates.
    LPI decided to limit themselves to Pearson VUE whereas you could still take L+ at both Pearson and Prometric. If I was taking lpic-1 now, I would reconsider and go for L+ and RHCSA instead of lpic 1 and 2.
  • qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    correct if you go for the L+ you can also get Novell's CLA and LPI a the same time.

Novell Certified Linux Administrator

LPI LPIC-1 and Novell CLA | Greg Porter's Blog
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks, I was just curious whether or not it had been dropped.

I'm still planning to go for the LPIC-1 and LPIC-2 next year. If I do go for the RHCSA it will be further on down the road. It's expensive and I would have to travel to Atlanta in order to take it. I'm not out to become a Linux Admin, I just want to become knowledgeable of how to work with it.
  • crashdumpcrashdump Banned Posts: 134
    Is there a study guide or other self study option?

I found only "Ubuntu Certified Professional Study Guide (Exam LPI 199)" from 2008 icon_sad.gif