So I passed 70-271 and I am waiting on the e-mail still...

Im not wayneIm not wayne Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
With my MCP # that they said should be sent to me in time, anyone have any clue how long this may take?
A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

70-270- Book in progress
70-290- coming soon
70-291- coming soon
70-293- coming soon
70-294- coming soon

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    With my MCP # that they said should be sent to me in time, anyone have any clue how long this may take?

4-6ish weeks.

Relax :) The first one is always exciting, but it does show up and you can always login and obtain a transcript if you need something more quickly to validate your status.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    are you sure that 70-271 gives you an MCP?
    Dustin Leefers
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    leefdaddy wrote:
    are you sure that 70-271 gives you an MCP?

Yes, 70-271 counts toward MCP status.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Im not wayneIm not wayne Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote:

4-6ish weeks.

Relax :) The first one is always exciting, but it does show up and you can always login and obtain a transcript if you need something more quickly to validate your status.

I think we're misunderstanding one another, it takes 4-6 weeks for them just to e-mail you the ID for you to confirm your information for your welcome kit? Jeez thats WAY long.

70-270- Book in progress
    70-290- coming soon
    70-291- coming soon
    70-293- coming soon
    70-294- coming soon
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Plantwiz wrote:

4-6ish weeks.

I think we're misunderstanding one another, it takes 4-6 weeks for them just to e-mail you the ID for you to confirm your information for your welcome kit? Jeez thats WAY long.

icon_redface.gif

I read the text in the body...not used to reading (or starting the sentence in the title).

I'm trying to think about 'what' e-mail MS sends/???? It's been a while since I took an MS exam, but for my first one, I had to log into the MS site and sign up for the welcome kit. My MS # was on my exam score sheet (back then PASS/FAIL). Once I logged in, signed-up, the kit was sent.

I registered with my e-mail address but nothing was ever sent to me from MS for either of my exams.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Im not wayneIm not wayne Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote:
    Plantwiz wrote:

4-6ish weeks.

icon_redface.gif

I read the text in the body...not used to reading (or starting the sentence in the title).

I'm trying to think about 'what' e-mail MS sends/???? It's been a while since I took an MS exam, but for my first one, I had to log into the MS site and sign up for the welcome kit. My MS # was on my exam score sheet (back then PASS/FAIL). Once I logged in, signed-up, the kit was sent.

I registered with my e-mail address but nothing was ever sent to me from MS for either of my exams.

Eh, sorry. Ok, let me better explain:

When you take your first MS test now they will E-mail you and tell you what your MCP ID# is, or so it says on the bottom of the test print out "Candidates eligible for an MCP welcome kit will receive an e-mail requiring verification of shipping information on the MS MCP member site" and its been like 48 hours so I thought such a long turn around for an e-mail is a bit crazy.

70-270- Book in progress
    70-290- coming soon
    70-291- coming soon
    70-293- coming soon
    70-294- coming soon
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You should get your MCP ID# as well as the e-mail which gives you the access code to log into the MCP Site and validate your address and have your welcome kit sent to you within 2-3 days. It'll then take 4-6 weeks to receive the welcome kit in the mail after you have entered/verified your address.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks