Options

Is RHCE enough to get a job?

mutasimmutasim Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Would JUST an RHCE be enough to get a decent job in the UK £30+/yr ?

I've seen training courses that teach you everything in 30-days (from no previous knowledge) so it seems like it the qualification is "easy" and not worth much. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

- Mutasim

Comments

• Options
    mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    I heard the RHCE is a pretty tough exam...so I'd imagine you can get a decent paying job with it. However, it's going to be hard to get a well-payin job with no experience.
    Working on Linux+
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From 0 to RHCE in 30 days? Not likely.
    Sounds like a scam to me.

The RHCE is pretty intensive and it consists of actual hands-on lab.

https://www.redhat.com/training/rhce/courses/exam_info.html
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I agree with sprkymrk, sounds fishy. And it tells a lot more about the courses than the certification.
  • Options
    mutasimmutasim Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for your warnings/advice

This is the site that I was referring to:

[link to spamming bootcamp removed]

according to them these are the required days of courses you would need to do:

they do say:

[name of spamming bootcamp removed]is proud to partner with Red Hat and bring to you a comprehensive training solution which prepares you for the coveted RHCE Certification. [name of spamming bootcamp removed]is a Red Hat Training Partner. To confirm with Red Hat, send an email to training-in@redhat.com.

:P enough of trying to sell them :P regarding my question... is an RHCE enough basis to get a job (with no other qualifications) apart from GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education -UK qualifications taken at age of 15/16)
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you have a lot of experience with Unix/Linux then RHCE along with that experience would probably be enough to get in as a Linux Admin. I know for a fact that if you don't have solid experience with Linux/Unix it will be very difficult pass RHCE. A friend of mine went to Redhat training a couple of years ago and sat for the RHCE. He said it was very difficult, he had 1+ year of experience as a full time Linux Admin at the time and did not pass the RHCE (I don't think he even scored high enough to get RHCT status). With all of that said I think if you have the experience with Linux and the boot camp is legit it would help in getting your RHCE. Not all bootcamps are bad IMHO.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I agree. Look at the program and evaluate the usefulness yourself. If it's 8 hours a day, five days a week, for six weeks, it's probably a decent program. If it's $500 and 2 hours a week on their website for a month, well...