Thanks to everyone that helped! Finally A+ Certified!

ITNYCITNYC Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the Hardware portion of the Test about a year ago with no problem, didnt even study but i failed the OS exam 2 times last summer and i put it off till now. I was denied a job i was qualified for because i didnt have my A+ cert, although i had good experience. now with the 2003 being retired, i Passed the exam today with a 670. Now i might be able to get the job making close to 55K. My heart almost jumped out of my mouth before pressing the END button on the screen lol. FINALLY! Thank you everyone and to those who are having trouble, do not give up!.

Comments

• candycorncandycorn Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I'm going to take mine next month, so I've been studying. The new A+ exams seem much "easier", and more oriented towards customer service & other types of skills. Do you have any tips for people going to take the test? Should I study up on the IRQ, DMA channels, etc?

Thanks

-Josh
    ITIL, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Healthcare IT Tech, MTA: Server Fundamentals, MCP, Apple Certified Associate, CIW Associate
  • ITNYCITNYC Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    candycorn wrote:
    Congrats!

I'm going to take mine next month, so I've been studying. The new A+ exams seem much "easier", and more oriented towards customer service & other types of skills. Do you have any tips for people going to take the test? Should I study up on the IRQ, DMA channels, etc?

Thanks

-Josh

Are you taking the 2003 objective OS? I didnt get any questions on IRQ's. At the very start of the exam i recieved alot of questions that delt with customers and afterwards i got alot of questions on Boot files and troubleshooting OS crashes and such. My best tip is to just study hard 3 days before the exam and the day of the exam, wake up early, eat a good breakfast and quiz yourself before taking the test. Know your boot files and comands for Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP.