Options

Exam centers

pmannpmann Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Do all exam centers run the same format of MS exams? I do all my testing with PearsonVUE and noticed that...

My MS tests are scored out of 900.
> But Ive heard some people quoting their scores out of 1000

I dont get to see the actual answers to the questions.
> Ive seen some posts (elsewhere) where people publish the full set of questions they actually received in the exam.

The MS exams I do are all in the familiar long wordy format.
> The PrepLogic tests all seem to be much shorter questions.

Am I missing out on something or is there more than one standard for these tests?

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    pmann wrote:
    Do all exam centers run the same format of MS exams? I do all my testing with PearsonVUE and noticed that...

Format should be the same, but the VUE and Prometric test engines are a little different.
    My MS tests are scored out of 900.
    > But Ive heard some people quoting their scores out of 1000

I have never heard of 900 for an MS max score. All of my scored exams where out of 1000. Some people are starting to mention 1050. CompTIA exams are usually out of 900.
    I dont get to see the actual answers to the questions.
    > Ive seen some posts (elsewhere) where people publish the full set of questions they actually received in the exam.

If you go to a legit testing center, you will not see the answers. The questions are mostly likely braindumps and the people posting them are mostlikely violating the NDA and risk lossing their certs.
    The MS exams I do are all in the familiar long wordy format.
    > The PrepLogic tests all seem to be much shorter questions.

Each practice test provider writes their own questions. Some are wordy while others are shorter.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    SartanSartan Inactive Imported Users Posts: 152
    The test engine is downloaded and subsequently deleted from the host testing computer before and after the examination begins. Results are sent using the Microsoft/CompTIA/etc proprietary software. Microsoft probably doesn't want to release two different test executables for the same test :D

They come up with oddly scaled results because they simply don't want anyone to know a passing grade and if they'll be able to shy their way into certification. (Microsoft blew it years ago, MCSE is under/overrated)
    Network Tech student, actively learning Windows 2000, Linux, Cisco, Cabling & Internet Security.