Certifications are definately worth the time and money.

seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
Well I have just recently accepted a new position in a different company. Although I was a little lacking in the amount of experience they initially wanted I more than made up for it with my interview, education, and certifications.

My new title is "Network Support Analyst" and I will help maintain a network which spans 13 states and encompasses over 100 locations.

I just wanted to make this post as a sort of encouragement to everyone else out there studying away......it is definately worth the time and effort. Without it I would not have been hired.

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That is great news, congratulations and good luck!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • CiscopimpenatorCiscopimpenator Inactive Imported Users Posts: 134
    Congratulations!

I agree 100%, certifications mean something!

Sounds like a lot of fun. :)
    -Ciscopimpenator
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats seuss_ssues! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • jasonbochejasonboche Member Posts: 167
    Way to go!!!!
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    always good to hear that hard work has paid off!!!

congrats on your new position!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Let us know how the new job goes for you.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats, you deserve it! icon_thumright.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    That's very cool. It's good to hear some feedback that certs and training pay off. We hear all too much about people still not finding jobs, or people not feeling like their certs are worth anything. Congrats on the new job, I hope it treats you well.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man - its good to hear things like that for people like myself and others. its good motivation to know it can and WILL pay off ;) just give it time im always told !
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    Feels good doesn't it?

A lot of study and hard work pays off, for sure.

Good luck in uyour endeavours.
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Congratulations!

Good luck bud icon_cool.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • RATTLERMANRATTLERMAN Member Posts: 151
    congratz on the new position...the cert chase is hard butnits fair.. the only problem i have been hiring is that it all depends on who you are interviewing with...
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Great work, congrats! icon_cool.gif
  • ITNYCITNYC Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well I have just recently accepted a new position in a different company. Although I was a little lacking in the amount of experience they initially wanted I more than made up for it with my interview, education, and certifications.

My new title is "Network Support Analyst" and I will help maintain a network which spans 13 states and encompasses over 100 locations.

I just wanted to make this post as a sort of encouragement to everyone else out there studying away......it is definitely worth the time and effort. Without it I would not have been hired.

Congrats in the job. Happy for you. I couldnt agree with you more. I interviewed at an investment bank a little while back and I got as far as the third/Final interview and i came to find out that i was a good candidate for the job but did not get it just because i didnt have my A+ certification. I finally went out and got it and i might now be able to get in but bottom line: Certifications will give you that extra push in the Resume and Qualifications department. Network + next up.... :)
  • Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
    Way to go!! I hope it works out well for you.