1900 Catalyst switch help

terminalterminal Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□

Hi,

I've got my hands on a 1900 switch have cannot get into it. When I plug it in i get the following options
User interface menu
[M] MENU

[K] COMMAND LINE

Enter Selection:

When I enter the M option i get the following output

All rights reserved.
Enterprise Edition Software
Ethernet Address: 00-50-BD-76-E4-80

PCA Number: 73-3121-01
PCA Serial Number: FAA02529ZA8
Model Number: WS-C1924-EN
System Serial Number: FAA0303V133
Power Supply S/N: PHI025101RT

1 user(s) now active on Management Console.

User Interface Menu

[M] Menus
[K] Command Line

Enter Selection: M

This option cannot be used when TACACS+ is in enabled.

Press any key to continue.

When i then try the K option, get the following

1 user(s) now active on Management Console.

User Interface Menu

[M] Menus
[K] Command Line

Enter Selection: K
IP Address has not been configured on this switch.

Press any key to continue.

When I press any key to continue i get back to the original message when i first plugged it in. I've tried rebooting........Any ideas on how I can sort this out.
BE WISE,

Comments

• wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Looks like the switch has got an old config on it, and it cant find the tacacs server that someone had configured.

Password recovery is your best hope - try this

icon_arrow.gifhttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps574/products_password_recovery09186a00800a6c79.shtml
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • terminalterminal Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wildfire wrote:
    Looks like the switch has got an old config on it, and it cant find the tacacs server that someone had configured.

Password recovery is your best hope - try this

Thanks for u're reply. I've tried the password recovery.........still the same. I had an option to " return system to factory default " which also doesn't seem to have changed anything.
    BE WISE,
    Hmm so even the factory default didnt help. Well the other option although drastic and not for the faint hearted is to xmodem a new firmware on. Id try an canvas some more support before trying that. I dont have any 1900's any more so I can't even go through it here to jog my memory.
    wildfire wrote:
    Hmm so even the factory default didnt help. Well the other option although drastic and not for the faint hearted is to xmodem a new firmware on. Id try an canvas some more support before trying that. I dont have any 1900's any more so I can't even go through it here to jog my memory.

Hi, plz speak in english.....xmodem haha. I'll do some research on the issue and see what iI can manage. Thanks
    BE WISE,
    haha sorry my mistake

so Xmodem is a way to send a file to a network device over the console cable. bascially after enabling it on the swithh using the menus below, you use the send, via xmodem option within hyperterm.

What I was getting at here was downloading a new software image for the switch, and replacing a new one via the xmodem feature.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    trash that switch asap and get a 2900xl EN icon_wink.gif it will server you way better
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
    keenon wrote:
    trash that switch asap and get a 2900xl EN icon_wink.gif it will server you way better

That would be a good idea, especially when one can afford another.
    BE WISE,
    wildfire wrote:
    haha sorry my mistake

so Xmodem is a way to send a file to a network device over the console cable. bascially after enabling it on the swithh using the menus below, you use the send, via xmodem option within hyperterm.

What I was getting at here was downloading a new software image for the switch, and replacing a new one via the xmodem feature.

It is my assumption that cisco no longer supports the 1900s, how can i go about getting another software image......I do have another fully functional 1900 switch.....would i be able to manipulate this situation?
    BE WISE,
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    copy your IOS image from the 1900 using TFTP and load it on your other switch.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote:
    copy your IOS image from the 1900 using TFTP and load it on your other switch.

Loud and Clear ;)
    I like that.

cheers.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.