6 3/4 months later I ...

bas13bas13 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed all my Comptia certs! :) Just finished my Security+ the other day and got a 828 on it.

A+ ($75 each) = 1 month each for both tests. Used Exam Cram for a quick review on it and that was it. I've had quite a bit of experience in the past so I didn't put much focus on it. Scored in the 700's

Net+ ($115) = 45 days for the test. It had a Cisco class back in the day so it was mostly refresher information. I Used TestOut, Network+ by Thomson, Tech Notes, and Practice Q's. Scored in the 750's.

Linux+ ($115) = 2 months for the test. I had to play around with the operating system quite a bit. I broke it numerous times and had read forums endlessly on things. I used TestOut, Linux+ by Thomson, And, Tech Notes, Practice Q's. Scored 850.

Security+ ($160) = 2 months to complete. It was tough trying to retain the information because I'll be honest Security is somewhat boring but I found some topics quite interesting. A lot of the programs I knew and different attack methods because back when i was 13 I was a huge script kiddy with some VB lol. I used TestOut, Sybex (great read), Tech Notes, and lots of practice Q's. Scored 828.

I may return to Server+ because I want to learn some server techniques but I want to get my Microsoft certs out of the way first. I figure A+ / Net+ / Security+ should drop a lot of the electives for my MCSA & MCSE and after that I can tackle my CCNA when I have the money to drop down on my own little lab.

Future goals: Complete my MCSE within 6-8 months. Complete my CCNA within 4 months.

Here I come 70-270 (Free exam by the way until June 30th) ;)

Thanks for all the help from these forums!
How many times do you have to fail in order for you to do something extraordinary?

Comments

• TBLTZTBLTZ Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrads.

I only though the 072 were the free exams?
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!

You have made great progress!
    Good luck with the M$ certs.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very cool. I've been slugging away at the Microsoft and Cisco certs, skipping over Network+. I may still take it, out of principal, since the class for it was the first CIS course I ever took, and it was the first cert I ever really studied for. Big congratulations on having your "first four", and good luck on the 70-270.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very admirable accomplishment. Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    not bad at all!

congrats, security+ is next on my plate
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! That's certainly quite the accomplishment for getting the foundational knowledge that will very much help you during the Microsoft certification process. Good luck on 70-270.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks