70-299 Exam Overview questions need answering

SetotekSetotek Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
1. How many questions are on the exam and are there any sims on it?
2. How much time do you have for the exam?
3. What topics are being tested and which are weighed the most?

Thanks Guys.

Comments

• BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • SetotekSetotek Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Beaver but it doesnt tell you which topics are weighed the most. Obviously that would be the link to go to know more about the exams but it wouldnt tell you anything about the exam as to how many questions and time allotted or are there any sims.
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For some reason I assumed Microsoft's site would detail the structure of their exams...silly me :)

Check this link out: http://www.certmag.com/articles/templates/cmag_sg_dissect.asp?articleid=629&zoneid=70
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No one but MS knows how the questions are weighted.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • SetotekSetotek Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Beaver for the link.

Sprky,
    I was actually hoping on ppl who passed the exam recently to shed some light on it, but thanks for the conern.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Setotek wrote:
    Thanks Beaver for the link.

Sprky,
    I was actually hoping on ppl who passed the exam recently to shed some light on it, but thanks for the conern.

Oh, you mean the breakdown of how many questions on a topic, and not how many points the questions are worth?

Even that will vary. The only consistent reviews I have heard are that the 70-291 has a million DNS questions and a lot of WSUS. I haven't heard the trend on 299. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that for you as you hoped. Good luck!
    All things are possible, only believe.