Options

I-Net Vs Network+

A_AA_A Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everybody,

I just passed Network + exam and i have no idea about I-net, Plz tell me which one is harder? I-Net or Network+??? icon_confused.gif:

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    BookFellaBookFella Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i-Net+: development of Web-related applications, and maintenance of Internet infrastructure and services.

Network+: features and functions of networking components and to install, configure and troubleshoot basic networking hardware, protocols and services.
  • Options
    pbradishpbradish Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Network+ was harder in my opinion but this really depends on were your strengths lay. I happen to run an ecommerce business, and atleast 10% of the I-Net+ questions were related to just that, so couple that with general internet experience and it was very easy.

If you are fresh from passing the Network+, I-Net+ should be a breeze IMO.
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing Network+

I heard CompTIA is going to update the i-Net+ sometime in the near future and make it more difficult. I have thought about taking this exam for fun but I can't justify the price. If you just took Network+ i-Net+ should definitely be a breeze.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    sthomas wrote:
    Congrats on passing Network+

I heard CompTIA is going to update the i-Net+ sometime in the near future and make it more difficult. I have thought about taking this exam for fun but I can't justify the price. If you just took Network+ i-Net+ should definitely be a breeze.

I'm in the same boat. It's just that I'm a CompTIA member and get one 25% voucher each year for a CompTIA test. I will probably use the voucher towards the Security+ and maybe i-Net+ next year of my membership.
  • Options
    milliampmilliamp Member Posts: 135
    Network+ may be harder than I-Net+, but at the same time I found the curriculum for Network+ rather dated and often irrelivant.

Network+ has more of a focus on LAN's and cable technologies, I-Net+ has more of a focus on Internet technologies.

I-Net+ was not hard, but I found mostly all of the material relivant (I even learned a few things).

I think too many people wanting to learn about networking and the Internet go after Network+ and CCNA, which really is a poor place to start.

I have met many people that I think could gain alot from sitting I-Net+.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on net+ A_A. I too was wondering abnout i-net+.

Side Bar: If I remember correctly, we got our MCP's somewhat around the same time (December 06). I can see your cert list now has very much expanded since then!!! Damn, somebody has been hitting the books! icon_lol.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    A_A wrote:
    Hello everybody,

I just passed Network + exam and i have no idea about I-net, Plz tell me which one is harder? I-Net or Network+??? icon_confused.gif:

Thanks

Honestly, I thought they were about equal.

I was so well prepared for my NET+, that when I looked at the objectives for i-NET+ I merely registered and took the exam. Back then there was a bit more content toward the Internet usage vs. Intranets...but so much overlap at that time (both in the first release of the exam)...darn near the same exam.

If you have a need for the iNET+, you'll likely find yourself ready for it with some light additional review (assuming you felt well prepared for the NET+). IF you do take this exam...I recommend taking it as close to the NET+ as possible....much of the information will be fresh.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?