Options

Filezilla FTP Server...question

kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just installed this server on my windows 2003 server and It works fine locally....and also on the outside network(from Home) using its default port #. But For some reason I cant get it to work using another port number. I will configure it on the application itself..also create the custom rule in the firewall..do the port forwarding stuff but it just wont work.???

Any Suggestions????
There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I thought FileZilla was just an FTP client, not a server. Are you using it as a Server or Client?

If you are using it as a client, then the server itself (whatever server you are connecting to) must be running on that port number you changed it to.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Have you tried using the FTP server in IIS with the new port number? If it also doesn't work, maybe there's a problem in the firewall ACL you configured.
  • Options
    Got it working..Hurray!!! For some reason it just wont work with some port numbers i used on the firewall...But its nice now..I'm using these ftp server on the server itself and the client at home. Thanks guys...Hey??..i might need some brushing up on port numbers...which are the valid ranges of port numbers that u r allowed to play around with??
    There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    kenny504 wrote:
    which are the valid ranges of port numbers that u r allowed to play around with??

Most anything above 1024.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    sprkymrk wrote:
    kenny504 wrote:
    which are the valid ranges of port numbers that u r allowed to play around with??

Most anything above 1024.
    Assuming that another network-enable program doesn't already use the port you have selected. Most programs can't share network ports for listening, so you need to choose a port that no other program is already configured to use. This can be really difficult to determine when you use many network apps that are only run occasionally, such as online games and VoIP apps.
  • Options
    Thanks thats what I thought.