MPC Computers

blackmage439blackmage439 Member Posts: 163
Has anyone heard of them? Even better, does anyone have first-hand experience when working with these systems? I'll be starting a new job on Tuesday, May 29th, and the location employs MPC desktops. Just wondering if there's anything I should be aware of (shoddy hardware, poor cooling, etc.). Thanks!
"Facts are meaningless. They can be used to prove anything!"
- Homer Simpson

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    According to the Wikipedia, "MPC Computers was formerly the computer manufacturing division of MicronPC, but splint [sic] from Micron and has no affiliation with Micron." This information may be a bit old, as MicronPC's Web site now redirects to MPC Computers' Web site.

Anyway, MPC Computers looks like yet-another-PC-manufacturer. I've never worked with them, but if your new job will revolve around their equipment, I would suggest that getting to know their tech support people on a first-name basis might make your job easier.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They are pretty bad. We had 2 out of 12 be bad... And one of them had a fan that wouldn't slow down. We called their tech support and they had us put the phone up to the fan and listen to the sound. Since their ears were not bleeding due to the fact of the sound, they wouldn't fix the problem.

Although it was in a classroom and it made it sound terrible... All the other computers worked fine.

Not a good experience with them here. Our company is going Dell.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • blackmage439blackmage439 Member Posts: 163
    Mishra wrote:
    Not a good experience with them here. Our company is going Dell.
    Yikes! icon_eek.gif It's nice that your guys are going with Dell. I have never had a problem with their systems, just the company. They once tried to swindle money out of my parents for a bogus charge that was supposed to be waived. We called the BBB and Dell immediately dropped the charges. icon_lol.gif

Anyway, either the people who I will be working with didn't tell me anything about what to expect from these systems, or they're covering it up. Then again, I hear two sides of the coin from people who work with Compaq systems. Some have no complaints, others preach about crappy proprietary hardware and poor performance.

I never thought I would be saying this, but I actually look forward to working with Macs. They sound like pretty care-free systems. crash.gif
    "Facts are meaningless. They can be used to prove anything!"
    - Homer Simpson