Options

Where are you Toronto group?????????

huddahudda Member Posts: 101
Hi everyone, I do not see much about Toronto people. Where are you Toronto group? Or there is other forum connecting Toronto people? If u know plz let me know the site.How is the IT job market currently for MCSA or MCSE?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    What's your background?

I'm a fresh grad myself and I have just secured a position in the IT department of a medical centre.
    To tell you the truth, MCSA has not helped me as much as MCDST, past interviewers has seen MCSA as merely "oh, you have that too", but the MCDST has been a "oh, you have that?"

good luck
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    huddahudda Member Posts: 101
    My background is graduated college 3 years ago, in Network Technology. i worked as helpdesk before i became MCSE, then in UAE University, work as MCSA. Now i am coming in 2 week to Toronto, so i am frustrated coming back because of unemployment rate previously, was not easy to get a job, but i have heard from the news, and from people it is improving job in Toronto area.
    if I get as Network Engineer it would be marvelous, currently I am studying CCNA , it is too much material to cover I do not know when I will be writing the exam. Which area you are u are working currently? Good luck………………
  • Options
    telecomm12telecomm12 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey man. another toronto guy here.

currently working towards my ccnp.

gona get my A+ and network+ soon.

cheers
  • Options
    telecomm12telecomm12 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sorry for a double post.

heres my dilemma.

im an electronics technician. so that means i have a technician diploma. GodWilling i will get my ccnp soon.

BUT, i want to get a university degree, atleast a bachelor's. i dont know what to do from here on.

are there any doors that i don't know about? can you guys shed some light on it?

thanks.
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Oshawa guy here... but working in scarborough.

From my experience, all I can tell you is, call every recruiter you can find. DO NOT try to compete with them... they have all the advantages.

Since I got into IT in 2000, I've used recruiters for all of my positions (all contract so far)... companies like Procom, Soroc, Kelly Services, AllianceSearch, and ITR Group. I've been placed by the first three, and they are top notch. Not to mention, most big companies are using outsourced recruiters anyway, and by making those same recruiters aware of your existence, they can make you aware of job leads which would otherwise never see the light of day.

Also, by checking monster.ca, workopolis.ca, and dice.com for the greater Toronto are, you can confirm that it is not a bad time to be in IT... there be jobs aplenty. Of course, it's all about qualifications, but that's beyond the scope of this post.

Mike
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.