Options

Passed 70-290 today..

leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
Just got back from the testing center I passed, did well in everything but disaster recovery... Didn't study that subject real well and got about 10 questions out of 45 on it... Had 4 sims... all were pretty easy, I believed I nailed all of those.

Study methods.

I used Exam Cram 2 and CBT Nuggets. Only took like one practice exam before it.

Onto 291 to complete my MCSA.
Dustin Leefers

Comments

• Options
    vwtechvwtech Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm sitting it in a week or two from now- great job man icon_exclaim.gif
    Don't tell co-workers your going for a Cert that they don't have. They may think your trying to take their job.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with 70-291!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    congrats
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_wink.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    rkholmesrkholmes Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey there,

I sensed a high level of confidence in your posting, so if you wouldn't mind me asking how long did you study? Also, in your opinion how much of the 290 material was part of the 270 objectives?

I've not been a Windows admin, but IMHO since MS has done such a nice job of making 03 server much like XP..it doesn't seem like too much study time is required to obtain ones MCSA.
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    rkholmes wrote:
    Hey there,

I sensed a high level of confidence in your posting, so if you wouldn't mind me asking how long did you study? Also, in your opinion how much of the 290 material was part of the 270 objectives?

I've not been a Windows admin, but IMHO since MS has done such a nice job of making 03 server much like XP..it doesn't seem like too much study time is required to obtain ones MCSA.
    I agree with this post. From what one of the teachers at my school told me, the 290 and 270 are very simular. they even combined the 290/270 classes into one... and flipping through the 70-290 book i picked up today (the microsoft training kit), that seems to be very true. hopefully it won't take too long to knock out.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    mattozanmattozan Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    leefdaddy wrote:
    Just got back from the testing center I passed, did well in everything but disaster recovery... Didn't study that subject real well and got about 10 questions out of 45 on it... Had 4 sims... all were pretty easy, I believed I nailed all of those.

Study methods.

I used Exam Cram 2 and CBT Nuggets. Only took like one practice exam before it.

Onto 291 to complete my MCSA.

Congrats! I passed 70-290 the day before, and I also have just 70-291 to go for my MCSA.

I think I had 3 or 4 Sim questions as well. That's the first time I saw a Sim question (I don't remember any on 70-270). They're pretty fun :) I just felt that I might be doing to much (more that the question asked for). I'm not sure if that's possible, or scores against you, but I tried to keep my actions within the scope of the questions.
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□