Options

Managing System Performance

vwtechvwtech Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
Im configuring a Memory counter with System Monitor.
Sybex says the Memory>Available Mbytes should be less then 4mb or you should add more memory.

With that said- when I look at report view it states 1130 for the Available Mbytes WTF?

1MB =1K bytes so as long as I'm under 4000 I'm okay concerning memory.

If I'm reading this right or wrong someone please respond.
icon_eek.gif
Don't tell co-workers your going for a Cert that they don't have. They may think your trying to take their job.

Comments

• Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    I think they mean available memory should be more then 4mb, not less.
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    vwtechvwtech Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How do you guys do it.
    I have a feel that system monitor isn't really used in the field.
    Whats you guys take on this?
    icon_eek.gif
    Don't tell co-workers your going for a Cert that they don't have. They may think your trying to take their job.
  • Options
    5no-yt5no-yt Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i used to work for an IT Intergration company - we used the system monitor once a month on our clients servers for collection of KPI (Key performance indicators)

basicly this along with a few other system monitors which we ran every month provided us a good overview of how the system was running and gave us the chance to forsee (if thats how u spell forsee... probably not lol) any problems that might occur EG: maybe the proccessor was starting to slow over the months so you could say... right in 2 months (going from what the KPI has indicated) you are going to need a new... HDD... processor etc...

pretty important if a company doesn't have a full time techy - which alot of smaller companys don't have :)
    Security is like exercise: everyone talks about it, but not many people do it.
    -J.R.Purser