Passed 900/1000 PHEW =)

EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I just passed my 70-291 exam with a 900/1000. I had about 4 sims and the exam covered the usual topics, DNS, WSUS, IPSec, and RRAS. I did run into a number of questions that overlapped with 70-290 questions, and a fair amount of questions based on Active Directory which the MS Press book didn't cover.

For study materials I used the MS Press Book and the Syngress Book to work on areas I had difficulty with. I used VMWare comprised of a network of two domains, 3 servers, and 2 clients. I have some solid real life experience with helping to administer a single Server 2003 domain. In additon, I run a single Server 2003 domain at my house with WSUS controlling updates. I also used the many resourceful posts from this site. Thanks guys!

Overall, I highly enjoyed the exam even though it did require a lot of studying. I think I'm going to take a break from MS exams and finally get some basic understanding of Linux. I'll see you all in the Linux+ forums!

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and nice score!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Congrats! Good score! icon_cool.gificon_thumright.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

This is one of the easy MS exams, right? icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    Congratulations
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LoL of course Mike! icon_lol.gif

Thanks for the congrats guys, that's one I'm very glad to have out of the way.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Everlife wrote:
    LoL of course Mike! icon_lol.gif

Thanks for the congrats guys, that's one I'm very glad to have out of the way.

Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

Yes, Mike. It's almost as easy as that silly CCIE. icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratz mate!

Ill be posting a lot in this forum over the coming weeks no doubt, 291 is gonna kick my ass I bet icon_sad.gif
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pash wrote:
    Congratz mate!

Ill be posting a lot in this forum over the coming weeks no doubt, 291 is gonna kick my ass I bet icon_sad.gif

You've come to the right place Pash. The people who post on these boards know their stuff, you couldn't have picked a better resource. Hopefully I'll be able to lend some of my own when you have a question. Make sure you get lots of practice with a physical, VMWare, or Virtual Server Lab. Try to set something up with a two to three domain environment and you'll be golden.

Best of luck!
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Everlife wrote:
    Pash wrote:
    Congratz mate!

You've come to the right place Pash. The people who post on these boards know their stuff, you couldn't have picked a better resource. Hopefully I'll be able to lend some of my own when you have a question. Make sure you get lots of practice with a physical, VMWare, or Virtual Server Lab. Try to set something up with a two to three domain environment and you'll be golden.

Best of luck!

Many thanks for the advice, Ill be sure to ask questions if I become stuck, which is a regular occurance for moi.

Enjoy your pass drunken_smilie.gif

Cheers,
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops