Help!!!

kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
Need to uninstall norton corporate edition on a w2k3 server!! any suggestions...Tried everything keeps getting error. and interuptions...

Thanks guys.
There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do you have a valid support agreement with Symantec? they should be able to give you a tool called NoNAV that will get rid if it.

If you don't have an agreement, look in their knowledgebase and you should be able to find an article on manually removing it.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can't find it now but you can download software on symantec.com that will remove Norton/Symantec AV if you cannot uninstall it in Add/Remove programs. Just search Norton's website for it. You should also be able to find info on how to remove it manually which takes a long time to do.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There is something called NoNav that will remove all symantec bits from a computer system. I'm not sure who distributes it but you can google for it.

I would caution you, that I have had uninstallations of corrupted SAV CE blow up on me recently, and it left the registry in an unstable state such that the registry had to be restored from backup, and in a couple of cases the whole server needed to be rebuilt. Just make sure you have a backup.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SYMNRT is the tool for removing all Norton 2006/2005/2004/2003 products from your computer.
    msicuu2 is a Microsoft tool that is great for removing stubborn software and drivers that will no go using traditional methods.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007