Major Spammer Busted!!!

Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
It may only be one of them, but it's something...even though some other lowlife scum will eventually take his place.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070531/ap_on_hi_te/spam_arrest
i remain, he who remains to be....

Comments

• jasonbochejasonboche Member Posts: 167
    After reading his mocking replies to Spamhaus and Microsoft (http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/evidence.lasso?rokso_id=ROK5164), I think at this point the fines don't matter. He has enough money to keep his operations running, pay his lawyers and accounts, and live his lavish lifestyle. As he said, he hasn't paid a dime of settlement money for any of the judgements against him. He thinks it's all a big old joke on us. The guy needs the full 65 years in prison. That will hit him where it hurts. Seize all his money and distribute it to worthy causes and charities.

The article mentioned where he lives and provided a sketch drawing. There may be someone crazy enough in this world to go do something about him in person. I wouldn't mind.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    jasonboche wrote:
    After reading his mocking replies to Spamhaus and Microsoft (http://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/evidence.lasso?rokso_id=ROK5164), I think at this point the fines don't matter. He has enough money to keep his operations running, pay his lawyers and accounts, and live his lavish lifestyle. As he said, he hasn't paid a dime of settlement money for any of the judgements against him. He thinks it's all a big old joke on us. The guy needs the full 65 years in prison. That will hit him where it hurts. Seize all his money and distribute it to worthy causes and charities.

The article mentioned where he lives and provided a sketch drawing. There may be someone crazy enough in this world to go do something about him in person. I wouldn't mind.

I agree 100%

There needs to be some harsh examples of what the consequences are for this type of activity!
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    If I had the money, I'd would take the role of World Enforcer.....basically going after all the spammers, murderers, drug cartels, etc.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    It's good that he got caught and I hope he does receive a lengthy prison sentence.
    Ricka182 wrote:
    If I had the money, I'd would take the role of World Enforcer.....basically going after all the spammers, murderers, drug cartels, etc.....

But all the money in the world couldn't stop murderes, drug cartels, etc...it's like trying bring world peace or stop world hunger. It's just not gonna happen. There will always be more criminals then people that can stop them.
    Working on Linux+
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    mrhaun03 wrote:
    It's good that he got caught and I hope he does receive a lengthy prison sentence.
    Ricka182 wrote:

But all the money in the world couldn't stop murderes, drug cartels, etc...it's like trying bring world peace or stop world hunger. It's just not gonna happen. There will always be more criminals then people that can stop them.
    on top of that, most money is dirty already.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    It would also help reduce spam if the businesses who buy the services of spam advertisers were heavily fined and the business owners faced negative publicity as contributers to spam.
  • blackmage439blackmage439 Member Posts: 163
    Here's an easy and free way to fight spam:

You know all those pesky credit card offers you receive in the mail every day? Sometimes the same exact offer more than once a month? Well, learn to spam the spammers! Just take that nifty prepaid business reply envelope, gather all the pamphlets that other companies send you, and mail the envelope! If anything, you are creating jobs. The more crap that a company receives, the more people they will have to hire in order to sort their incoming mail. Maybe, just maybe, once mailing costs become astronomically high, companies will think twice about sending out all those business-reply envelopes.

Oh, and as for fighting spam in your email, get another account to use only for those companies who are very likely to spam (online dating sites are a great example). Personally, I receive maybe 10 spam messages a week in my personal email account. I am very careful about what I sign up for online, and where I display my email address publicly.
    "Facts are meaningless. They can be used to prove anything!"
    - Homer Simpson