Rack rails on ebay

DeliriousDelirious Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm going to be building my own rack as i already have most of the materials minus the rails.

I found these rails on ebay and i don't have any brackets to measure to see if they will work with cisco equipment. Anyone have any idea if they will work? Where can i get some dirt cheap mounting brackets for 3x2610's 1x2509 2x2950's?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pairs-of-12-Space-12U-Rack-Rails-for-EIA-19-Rack-Mount_W0QQitemZ190114037088QQihZ009QQcategoryZ23789QQcmdZViewItem

Comments

• Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    those rails will work fine. i have the same ones (only 14u) and have 6 routers, 4 switches, and my server mounted right now.

rack mounts seem to be around $5-$10 anywhere depending on the equipment... ciscokits.com is alright but they charge shipping like the mounts solid are blocks of lead or something.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • DeliriousDelirious Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Darthn3ss wrote:
    those rails will work fine. i have the same ones (only 14u) and have 6 routers, 4 switches, and my server mounted right now.

Thanks darth, i ordered the rails.
    Darthn3ss wrote:
    rack mounts seem to be around $5-$10 anywhere depending on the equipment... ciscokits.com is alright but they charge shipping like the mounts solid are blocks of lead or something.

yah i noticed everything they sell is made of lead. :D