Practice Exams?

justus1justus1 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all. I am currently studying for the CISSP exam and I have quite a few books that I have been going through in depth (Mike Myers Passport, All-in-One), the CBT Nuggets, the cramsessions study guide, and a study group at work. The only thing that I feel as though I am missing are some good practice exam, does anyone know of anything good out there? Thank you for your time.

Comments

• DanStewartDanStewart Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You should register for : www.cccure.org, it has by far the best online resources for preperation when it comes to the CISSP. Amongst the great advice and information in the forums, there is a testing engine that has several thousand questions that will give you an idea of your knowledge for each domain. I will warn you now, none of the questions will really give you a good feel for the exam questions, they really allow you to gauge your grasp of each domain so you know where to focus your studies.
    Good luck, it was the hardest study I have ever had to undertake :)
  • justus1justus1 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Enough talk about wanting to take the exam and studying sparingly! I just signed up for the CISSP exam for September 22. Now that I have a date to shoot for (not too close though), and I have a motivating factor for studying for this exam, the 500 bucks and of course the pride in certification. Wish me luck, I'm going in.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    justus1 wrote:
    Wish me luck, I'm going in.
    Good luck! The many years of professional information security experience that you obviously have to even begin to thinking about taking the CISSP exam will serve you well.
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck and get some good quality study time in.
  • justus1justus1 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    FYI, in my search for getting more study materials for my upcoming exam, I found a very useful (so far) resource for preparation. There is a web CISSP seminar to include lecture video, slides, and transcript available for all members of the Department of Defense. You have to sign up for an account which will supposedly be verified that you are in DOD. The URL to gain access is www.vte.cert.org. If you have any questions I am sure they could help. It is hosted by Carnegie Mellon and they are really good in the INFOSEC arena.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    justus1 wrote:
    The URL to gain access is www.vte.cert.org. If you have any questions I am sure they could help. It is hosted by Carnegie Mellon and they are really good in the INFOSEC arena.
    Nice. I wonder if becoming a paying member of the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) will get you access. That's something I've been meaning to do for, oh, ten years now?