F5 Networks

Anyone hold any certs from F5 networks?

Also any chance of starting a forum for thier products, LTM,GTM, and Firepass (SSL VPN)???
just trying to keep it all in perspective!

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    larkspur wrote:
    Anyone hold any certs from F5 networks?
    Can't remember seeing any but wouldn't surprise me if there are a couple.
    larkspur wrote:
    Also any chance of starting a forum for thier products, LTM,GTM, and Firepass (SSL VPN)???
    Not likely any time soon, it's simply not popular enough. Unless a vendor provides us with some material (and possibly a moderator) we are not likely to add forums for exams that are less popular than other exams for which we don't have a forum.

It's nice to see a vendor smart enough to release a good amount of their own practice questions though.

And feel free to post questions about them in this forum. If we turn out to get a lot of discussions/topics about it I can always create separate forum and move to topics to it.
  • larkspurlarkspur Member Posts: 235
    Webmaster - Thanks for responding. I just got back from thier Firepass training and have been using LTM for awhile.

I will try and post some questions when I run across them. F5 really has some good pruducts and in most cases beats the competion in load balancing and SSL VPN space. I am confident they will gain popularity soon.
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    F5 networks?

the name i almost forgot..
    the last box i touched was a big ip 5000 app switch,
    since i change my focus on SMB -- i migrate my load balancer to barracuda..

they have certification also? thats new..

cheers..
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • larkspurlarkspur Member Posts: 235
    this is the first gig I were i have used F5 products. There load balancer is very nice. Currently workign on an SSL VPN project with thier firepass, which i must say for remote access beats the pants off ipsec.

the cert is something they offer and I have been through a couple classes, but this thing of ours has not really really caught on with them yet.

maybe someday..........

ciao!
  • opers13opers13 Member Posts: 100
    larkspur wrote:
    Webmaster - Thanks for responding. I just got back from thier Firepass training and have been using LTM for awhile.

I will try and post some questions when I run across them. F5 really has some good pruducts and in most cases beats the competion in load balancing and SSL VPN space. I am confident they will gain popularity soon.

I thought Juniper was the # 1 in SSL VPN...