* TechExams’ 5th Anniversary *

WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
Yes, another year has passed again. :D It’s truly amazing how time seems to go faster and faster. It’s like every year they take away another month. Regardless of the obvious growth each year, for me this is a time to look back at the previous 12 months, contemplate the progress we made, and try to get an idea of where we are heading too.

I haven’t been able to write as many TechNotes and practice exams as I planned to (what else is new...). I’ve spent most of the past almost 12 months working on project for TechExams.net for which I’ll still need several months more to finish it. But before I do that, I’m going to catch up with some needed updates and additions of TechNotes and practice questions for several exams.

I did finish the long overdue updated PDF for the Network+ TechNotes recently, and I’m currently finalizing a couple of new Security+ TechNotes. For the next couple of months, you can expect to see a lot of material added for the Windows Vista exams. The first 70-620 TechNotes are already online. I’m not forgetting about the other vendors and exams though, I already started on a new/updated practice exam for A+, I will continue with the CCNA TechNotes and TechLabs very soon (and get some Cisco certs myself again). JD and I started on some new material, including tutorials, for the .NET 2.0 exams, which we’ll start posting soon too.

As you may have noticed a couple of months ago, we finally moved to a ‘bigger’ server. The main reason for this was not to speed up the site, but to accommodate for newer software allowing us to add some new sections to TechExams.net, like the Blogs in which JDMurray is posting some very interesting reads, but also to allow a major upgrade of TechExams.net as a whole, including several requested features for the forums. Don’t worry, any changes to the design will be minor, it’s primarily about adding functionality, and based on the responses of some beta testers it should be a welcomed change.

I also want to take this opportunity to thank the moderators again for the great job you are all doing in and outside the forums and for keeping me sane. Wouldn’t be able to get this far without you.

Last but not least, I want to say thanks to all our visitors and members that make up this great community for their support and motivation. As I mentioned today three years ago, and fortunately still applies, I’m proud of the contents of the site as a whole, but I am at least as proud that 99.9% of our members treat others with respect and help each other in a professional manner.

I look forward to this 6th year and I hope we, and you, will continue to help out others pass their exams and contribute to a professional and skillful IT career!

Thanks!
Johan Hiemstra

Comments

• Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Keep up the good work Johan, this site is a great resource for both furthering knowledge and social networking, and is a fantastic release from the cut and dry boredom of reading straight from books.

I can't wait to see what new features are over the horizons :)
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Even though im a little newbie on the forums icon_redface.gif id like to say thanks for providing some really truly helpful boards and great resources.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    I would just like to take this oppertunity to thank Johan and his team for the great work they have done. In to its 6th Year and as a community it grows everyday. Over the last 3 years I have been lurking in the Cisco forums where I have seen it expand, and the number of memebers increase significantly to what I beleive is the best on the Net. This forum prides itself on decent and honest memeber.

It can't be an easy job keeping on top of this but you have done a really good job doing so. The tools/technotes and posts of this forum have been invaluable to me over the years. I look forward to many more years of this great site.

Happy Anniversary
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sheesh, seems just like yesterday I logged on and asked some stupid question icon_lol.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's been a great ride. I look forward to still being here on the tenth annivrsary.

(Party hat icon_arrow.gif) icon_jokercolor.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • rkholmesrkholmes Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Johann and staff,

Thanks for a great resource which I appreciate the luxury of being a member of. I joined in 2003 when my IT career really took off, and I can honestly say that your site being here has been a immense help to my career and its goals. This translates to greater financial rewards in the workplace, and for this I and my two Miniature Schnauzers Elsa and Dusty can not thank you enough.

I've visited other study/certification sites, and quite honestly none of them even come close to this place.I support you by visiting your advertisers sites and I would encourage everyone else to do the same. It's really the least we can do.

Regards,

Rob Holmes
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Indeedy, many thanks all for making this site an invaluable resource, and hell just a good place to hang out. It's so rare these days to find a forum that prides content and respect over anonymous egos. icon_lol.gif
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who make Techexams possible! This site has helped me to not only learn new material but has also been a constant source of inspiration to continue new certification goals!

Thank you!
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    its been that long icon_rolleyes.gif

well in that case icon_cheers.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • arrtexarrtex Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well happy birthday, and thank you very much for all the work you are doing for us.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Excellent news! Thanks to Johan and all the other community members who make this site a pleasure to visit quite frequently.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Happy Anniversary!

It does seem like yesterday when I signed up and started asking about MCDST...

shout out to all the contributors on this forum!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
    Congratulations on another successful year!

This site continues to be a relevant & valuable tool.

Definitely seeing what others are able to accomplish helps inspire all of us to do more than what we might otherwise.
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    JOHAN! You da man!

Congrats on the 5 year mark. Keep up the good work...it's a great site!!!!
    Working on Linux+
  • Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    A big "Thank you" to everybody that makes this site possible.
    Happy 5th!
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Happy 5th Johan....your hard work has paid off as an invaluable resource for myself, and so many others...heres to another 5 years! drunken_smilie.gif
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • blackmage439blackmage439 Member Posts: 163
    Congratz on the 5th anniversary. This is a great site. It has helped me quite a lot during the past few months, and I can guarantee it will be helping me in the future.
    "Facts are meaningless. They can be used to prove anything!"
    - Homer Simpson
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the 5th anniversary, to johan and everyone else involved, you are doing a great job and long may it continue.

thanks to you all
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations, Johan! I have enjoyed myself enormously on TE; I thank you all for providing to me a useful outlet for my creative inspirations.
    RussS wrote:
    Sheesh, seems just like yesterday I logged on and asked some stupid question icon_lol.gif
    You and me both. I'd hate to see what was in my first few posts. icon_redface.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Didn't we just do this? icon_eek.gif

Oh -- that was the 4th. icon_lol.gif

Do we have cake?

Happy 5th! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:
    Congratulations, Johan! I have enjoyed myself enormously on TE; I thank you all for providing to me a useful outlet for my creative inspirations.
    RussS wrote:
    You and me both. I'd hate to see what was in my first few posts. icon_redface.gif

Well, well, well, here are BOTH of them way back in 2003....

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=8544#8544

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist. icon_lol.gif
    Please don't pull up my old posts, they are much more embarrassing... icon_redface.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've only been around for a little while now, but I already love these forums.

Hats off to all that make this site what it is. bowing.gif
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Pash wrote:
    Even though im a little newbie on the forums icon_redface.gif id like to say thanks for providing some really truly helpful boards and great resources.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
    Ditto! I'm glad I am able to be part of this great community - thanks for all the hard work. bowing.gif

Happy 5th, drink up! drunken_smilie.gif
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Happy Anniversary Techexams! I have only been posting here for a few months but it has been fun. Hopefully I will be around for the next 5 years. drunken_smilie.gif
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Thanks for all the kind comments people, you're giving me enough motivation to go on for another 5!
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Well, well, well, here are BOTH of them way back in 2003....
    That's cool to see again. Good discussion btw, James still does that, but now I send him my writings up front ;)

My first topic: (I see I edited it last year to remove the embarrassing stuff, probably to turn CompTia in CompTIA :) )
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4

The last person who replied, Cross, was one of our first mods (good poet too), together with Bellboy and Pavlov and later RussS. icon_cool.gif I obviously enjoy seeing TechExams.net grow bigger and bigger, but I have to admit, sometimes I miss the old days. Fortunately I can still see the effects of the foundation we built back then, the way we do things arounds here sort of speak, the friendly and helpful atmosphere in the forums, and the type of genuine professionals who not only want to pass their exams but actually put the real value in certifications. In the words of Rex Hunt, that's what fishing is all about.

Thanks again,
    Johan
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just for giggles, here is what seems to be one of the very first posts here:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4

[Edit]: Webmaster seemed to beat me at posting this by a short and curly :)
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Very good site, keep up the good work.
    Dustin Leefers
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Johan,

Thanks once again for creating and maintaining such a helpful and friendly site!

Happy Anniversary!

Luke
  • ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
    awsome....i really like the site keep it up
    If you stop getting better, you cease being good
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats on the 5 years, hopefully I'll be around to celebrate the big 10 :)

-Ken

p.s. do you still have the 40gb disk, or are we still using it?