Options

Is OS really worse than Hardware?

kjmccoykjmccoy Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok guys whats the real consensus, is OS harder than Core?

Ive got the OS portion Tomorrow and I'm filling my pants. :D

Comments

• Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    yes, its a tad bit harder, but if you studied.. Dont sweat it.
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i thought it would be, as i was concentrating on the core exam first, while studying for the o/s too. turned out to be much the same. experience in each o/s helps ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    Well, same as core, I'm scoring anywhere from 80-90% on practice tests so I guess I'm ready.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Go get 'em, kjmccoy!! Appears that you are ready.

I thought that the OS was somewhat more difficult, but I passed. You should too.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    the o/s is tougher, because it might ask you about things that you are more familiar with in a different operating system.

i had copies of nt and win2k and did some lab work with them, but not enough to become as familiar with as i had been with 9x. i probably would have been better off installing 9x/win2k dualboot on the family computer, instead of the lab - it would have given me much better experience.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    Well all the pant filling was for nothing :) Passed OS with a 600. Both tests seemed about the same to me, but Ive had extensive experience with 95,98,98SE and XP. Still recommend folks buy Meyers 5th edition as the 4th edition, which I had, may not quite be enough for newbies. Anyways bring on Network+.

Thanks for this site, it was a HUGE help and I'm sure it will continue to be. Also a HUGE thanks for those well done tech notes, thats definetly something you folks don't have to do and it's well appreciated.