Options

CompTIA Revising Server+™ Certification

0828608286 Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
Guys (and girls<
how could I ever forget you!) don't say I didn't warn you to get this cert out of the way before the end of the year!! Please sell your Server+ book as well before the exam changes at least you'll get some money back for the big thing!

Aside from that I bet the exam price goes up drastically for this cert when the new exam objectives comes into effect. You can rely on CompTIA to make you dig deeper into your pockets and hand over your hard earned cash in order to take one of their exams. Anyway here is the url so what are you waiting for? Go and have a look what they plan to do!

http://www.comptia.org/pressroom/get_news_item.asp?id=369

Do you think I've given you enough warning? icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    yuck, and thats the next exam...
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • Options
    What a retard i am..

Not the next one..

SEC+ is next
  • Options
    SartanSartan Inactive Imported Users Posts: 152
    I've never considered getting it. :)
    Network Tech student, actively learning Windows 2000, Linux, Cisco, Cabling & Internet Security.
  • Options
    same here.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I've seen this exam called "Advanced A+" and "Advanced hardware".

The "new technology" probably defines most of the update. "Best practices" has always been a large part of Server+.

It is advanced hardware because it demonstrates knowledge of servers themselves and server rooms--storage, RAID, redundancy, physical and logical security steps, environmental issues. Also, don't forget about ESD protection!!

Considering the content of the exam that I had, it can stand an update technolgy-wise. Best practices have always been best practices
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki