Options

just a couple of questions

sinexecsinexec Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
1) I am wondering what is the passing score on CCNA and how many questions do you have to correctly answer to pass?

2) I've just looked through the book "CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Exam Notes" by Todd Lammle and found it very easy and basic. I am currently in the middle of reading the book "CCNA 2.0 Certification: Routing Basics" by Robert N. Myhre which is not so easy as there is information which is not covered in current cisco networking academy curriculum (cisco.netacad.net) I was learning theory from but still almost everything is there (especially OSI, subnetting, wildcard masking etc).
There still is some of the info about routing protocols and IOS that I wasn't familiar with but I did not experience any difficulties with the rest of the book.
And I do have quite a bit of experience on real routers with real networks in the lab.

Does that indicate that I am kinda ready? Any advice?
I dont want to loose my money for the exam ?

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    1) Still a trustworthy place for this kind of info: http://studyguides.cramsession.com/cramsession/cisco/ccna2/

2) I think if you buy two books for the same exam (any exam) you're bound to find more or less and other info in one of them. But that is mostly a good thing, since there's I haven't seen the bookthat covers everything for the exam (any exam ;) )
    I always recommend Todd Lammle for CCNA books, having that said, does the second by Robert N. Myhre cover more of the Internetworking Technologies (the stuff you should know before starting CCNA study, but can also be questioned on at the exam) or does it cover more of everything (router commands for example). I used a book from Sybex and Cisco Press, the sybex book covered too many router commands and IOS details, but I wanted to be able to do a good job in a real-llife situation as well so I didn't mind much. :)
    Having hands-on experience with routers is a big plus, how did you do on the practice exams?

Johan
  • Options
    sinexecsinexec Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    2) I think if you buy to books for the same exam (any exam) you're bound to find more or less and other info in one of them. But that is mostly a good thing, since there's I haven't seen the bookthat covers everything for the exam (any exam ;) )
    I always recommend Todd Lammle for CCNA books, having that said, does the second by Robert N. Myhre cover more of the Internetworking Technologies (the stuff you should know before starting CCNA study, but can also be questioned on at the exam) or does it cover more of everything (router commands for example). I used a book from Sybex and Cisco Press, the sybex book covered too many router commands and IOS details, but I wanted to be able to do a good job in a real-llife situation as well so I didn't mind much. :)
    I got two new books today. Both are of equal volume the first one is CCNA Study Guide by Todd Lammle, and the second one is CCNA Study Guide by Osborne Certification Press.
    The first one is better isn't it? I want to know the real stuff well too. :)
    Webmaster wrote:
    Having hands-on experience with routers is a big plus, how did you do on the practice exams?
    I got expelled from the practical exam as my teacher did not find it necessary to test my knowledge icon_wink.gif
    Our test was somewhat different from the tests provided by cisco. Yet those cisco practical tests are quite easy.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The first (from Todd Lammle) is probably more directed to the exam.
    I actually used a study guide from Syngress Osborne myself, (for the ccna 1.0/ 640-407 exam) and I was very satisfied about the extensive content, they often go a bit further and Pamela Forsyth (CCIA, CCSI, CNX) contributed a couple of great "from the classroom" tips, which really help to understand the tricky stuff, besided that the large amount of practice questions that came with it were definitely worth using. Is still use the book as a reference once in a while.
    I got expelled from the practical exam as my teacher did not find it necessary to test my knowledge

Personally I think you should ignore your teacher on this one, I think you should take every good practice exam you can get your hands on ;)

Let us know how it works out.

Johan