June 28th - RTP

PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
The flight is booked, the lab fees are paid, and I am in the last 5 weeks or so of intense study.

I have a feeling the gap between here and there is a little to wide, but if I need to wait until October anyways, I am willing to take a shot.

If I pass, I have the rest of the summer to do something else :).

If not, then I have the experience to help focus the rest of my studies.
There's no place like ^$
Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Looks like its going to be a busy summer around the CCIE Forum. Or maybe it might be empty if everyone is studying. icon_eek.gif

Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif

I just bought the IP Expert Audios for Security & R&S -- I figure I can listen to them while I sleep and put those 4-5 wasted hours a night to work (or study).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck Pete! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Best of luck mate.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Good luck Peter icon_cool.gif

And great job on getting your plans realized, was just reading your first posts in these forums from 3 years ago. icon_thumright.gif
  • tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    Good luck from me also.
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Good Luck!!!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    All the best Peter,

when you go on your tour to celebrate look me up for a game of golf
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    BoL, dude! I look forward to your victory!
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • -prophet--prophet- Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Two weeks till payday!

How are you progressing?

Cheers,
    -prophet-
  • PStefanovPStefanov Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    PCHoldmann wrote:
    The flight is booked, the lab fees are paid, and I am in the last 5 weeks or so of intense study.

I have a feeling the gap between here and there is a little to wide, but if I need to wait until October anyways, I am willing to take a shot.

If I pass, I have the rest of the summer to do something else :).

If not, then I have the experience to help focus the rest of my studies.

Good luck.
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Two weeks from today. :o

Spending my time going over the DocCD, working on speed on some core issues, I will probably do a QoS, IPv6, and BGP review, several lab hours on each.

Been trying to keep the nerves in check, at least I know (and have worked hard to convince myself) that not passing this thing the first time is not the end of the world :)

Pass or not, I am going to take it easy in July, enjoy some of the summer, go to Networkers, and give some time back to my wife, she deserves it.

I figure I will have a pretty good idea by lunch if I have a shot. If 2 hours to go comes and I know I am well short, I am just going to try completing as much as possible, with minimal verification untill I get past the 80-85 point range, then go back and verify with whatever time remains. Even if I break something, if I did not have the points for a pass, I would not have passed anyways, so what would it hurt? If I am over the 80 points "complete" mark, I will cherry pick the easy questions to finish, and then spend the rest of the time verifying.

Good luck tomorrow, Mike.

Peter
    There's no place like ^$
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck on the 28th.

When I was there the guy next to me left at about 11:00, guess he figured he didn't pass and there was no way he could. No matter what happens it's a learning experiance and should be treated as such even if you don't pass.

I made the mistake of waiting 6 months between attempts, and if I don't pass on my next attempt I am going to hawk the CCIE website looking for an opening ASAP to try it again (I don't advise wating too long, it's suprising how much you start to forget). To Quote Mikej412 I'll join the "lab of the month club".
    The only easy day was yesterday!
    It's Travel Day!! Have a safe trip! icon_cool.gif

Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    best of luck :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck and hang in there! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Good luck Peter!
    PCHoldmann wrote:
    P.S. I'll try to let you all know how mine goes early :)
    icon_wink.gif
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Indeed, best of luck tomorrow
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • navfettnavfett Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i have been lurking mostly and havent posted in a while. Not that i was missed or anything. But i wanted to add in my two cents & say best of luck to you. Hope that you come out pleased and hear good news with your #.

~~ navfett
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck tomorrow :)
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
    Thanks All,

I will let you know how things went tomorrow.

Peter
    There's no place like ^$
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Ooooooo good luck!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
    Well, this is a lot earlier than I hoped to be updating you...

I did not pass...

I did not fail...

Someone cut a power line right before lunch, and they canceled the rest of the lab!

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

At least they said that they would provide a free lab, and work to get us in soon.

Peter
    There's no place like ^$
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    icon_eek.gif (no words suffice)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    PCHoldmann wrote:
    Well, this is a lot earlier than I hoped to be updating you...

I did not pass...

I did not fail...

Someone cut a power line right before lunch, and they canceled the rest of the lab!

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

At least they said that they would provide a free lab, and work to get us in soon.

Peter

Someone cut a power line.... Was it someone doing the lab and it wasn't going their way?
    PCHoldmann wrote:
    But you still got lunch, right? icon_lol.gif

I'd expect a free lab.... but what about travel expenses? Any word on those?

Even if you don't get anything for travel..... was it worth the look? Were you configuring BGP when it happened?
    No, they were putting in signs... no lab candidates in the area...

Yes I did still get lunch...

And that's scary, yes I was doing BGP...

Not sure about travel, I doubt it.

As to being worth it... It I didn't feel like I had a shot today, it would have been, but I was feeling OK about it. Not sure I would pass, but I think I had a shot. I do have a few things to look at, though, but not more than 6 pts, that I probably could have picked up from the DocCD.
    There's no place like ^$
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    icon_eek.gif Wow, how unfortunate and what a bad timing.
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's very unfourtunate indeed. Hopefully they resolve it for you quickly.

I think it underscores a problem with the lab though, I know they say "save your configs often, we're subject to power hits" but they should have some sort of generation/ups system for the lab. I don't know that it adds to the lab experience to "wr" every 10 minutes.

Was the lunch atleast good?

(I'm going to be there on Monday myself)
    The only easy day was yesterday!