Options

i am REALLY confused !

Ok ... so i appeared for 70-270 3 weeks before. I have'nt heard from MS yet. The prometric center has informed me that it can take anywhere between 3-5 weeks for me to recieve the certificate. So i suppose i'll recieve the 'MCP id' then itself.

QUESTION - am i supposed to wait for the 'MCP id' thing before i can appear for 70-271. do they expect me to sit around waiting for an email to come down only for me to take the next exam so that i have it counted as an elective in MCSA 2003 ?

i am really fed-up and utterly confused. what should i do. Sit and wait ? anyone who has any idea ... pleasssse help. icon_confused.gif:
MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You do NOT have to wait to get your MCP ID info before you take another Microsoft exam. You use that info to check your certification status amoung other things. You will get that info via email, if it has been awhile since you have heard anything from MS give them a call or send them an email. Once you get your MCP ID and login you have to request your certificate and that can take up to 8 weeks or longer to get. Also, 70-271 by itself does not count as an elective for MCSA. You will need 271 along with 272 to gain your MCDST and use that as the elective. Hope that helps.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    Nishesh.PrasadNishesh.Prasad Member Posts: 185
    Thanks sThomas ... ya i mean MCDST as an elective. So i think i can appear for the exam next week. So if i understand the deal, i can appear for any number of exams [within MCSA 2003] and will have to register online Myself after i have appeared for the requisite papers. So there must be something in 'common' within all these papers that indicates that its ME who has appeared for all of them ... ? right ... ? icon_confused.gif:
    MCITP: EA 2008| VCP4| MCSE 2003 | CCNA | MCSA 2003: Security | MCDST | Security+ | ITILV3
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got my MCP ID within a day or so after passing the exam...they are supposed to email the ID to you. Maybe try calling Microsoft to see what the delay is...maybe they have an incorrect email address?
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    hey beaver .... where can i call them ? .... n what identification m i supposed to use after calling MS ... ? icon_confused.gif:
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    hey beaver, i contacted the MS Reigonal service centre and got my MCP ID today and the ACCESS CODE. This is so stupid ... prometric could have advised me to contact them in the very first place and would'nt have to wait for 2 weeks ! however ... i have activated my welcome kit today .... so more of the 'waiting' part now .... icon_idea.gif