Options

Advice Needed: 70-299 Or Security+, Current Certificate MCSA

habibalbyhabibalby Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I recently passed my MCSA 270,290,291 & 350. I want to be an MCSA+Security, what is your advice guys to go for the 70-299 or CompTIA Security+?

I have heard that the CompTIA Security+ Market Value is much more than having MCSA+security by 299 or 298. And it's Kick Starts for CEH and CISSP " These are my Next Target"

Which material to study for?
1. Sngress Security+
2. Sybex Security+ Third Edition
3. Learnkey Security+ (4CDs)
4. TestOUT Security+
5. CBT Nuggets Security+
6. Security+ Certification Training Kit - MSPress

Any Advice, will be highly appreciated.

BR,
Habibalby

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    habibalby wrote:
    Which material to study for?
    A combination of 2 or 3 of the above should do the trick. You could also go through some of the "I Passed" topics in this forum to see what others used to pass and liked best.

And don't forget our free TechNotes:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/co_securityplus.shtml
  • Options
    HI John,

Thank you for replying me. Actually, i have used the Learnkey Security+, TestOUT Security+ and now I'm going through the MSPress Security+. I have found MSPress ebook is much helpful and east terms being used for understanding.

I have gone thorugh other threads in this great forum and i have seen that most of the people suggesting to go for Sybex Security+!

Do u recommed me to buy this book and go thorugh it? As ebook it wont help much to read any time i require. I cannot take my labtop with me in the bed when i want to sleep as my wife will devoce me icon_wink.gif becuase i have replaced her with the labtop :)
  • Options
    mcpthe#1mcmcpthe#1mc Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Sybex book is good for this exam and you second choice should be Security+ Certification Training Kit - MSPress . :D
  • Options
    mcpthe#1mc wrote:
    The Sybex book is good for this exam and you second choice should be Security+ Certification Training Kit - MSPress . :D

Thank you m8, but actually, i have already bought the Security+ MSPress book.

I'll go through all the matierla which i have then i'll book for the exam. Hope will achive it.

Thanks once again for your recommendation.

BR,
    Habibalby