ETA-I, A+ Network+ rollover to CST, CNST

tomtechtomtech Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm new here and I just found out the other day about the ETA rollover. I had never heard of ETA and was curious about this so I read all the threads about it here and on mcmcse.com.

Rather than reviving the dead thread, I wanted to ask how the CST and CNST are faring today.

I did the rollover last night, and I figure it was worth it at least for all the test questions you get to help you for MCSE etc. Adding more letters to your CV doesn't hurt either imo.

For people who have done the rollover, has it helped you in your career/job interviews? Is there an overall positive/negative effect as a result of getting them?

Thanks.

Comments

• elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    yeah i think the long list has help somewhat..
    stonecold26.jpg
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    I purchased the rollover on 30 May. I have yet to even get my ETA-I member number or get ETA to respond to my members-only sign up on their website. At any rate, ETA-I seems to be well known. According to the Background section of ETA's website - http://www.eta-i.org/Background.html - they are a growing certification community.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Despite it being merely 15 months old since the initial post, it has alot of information you want to read about.

Your first benefit is probably the access to the study exam questions, and the ETA member's site is half decent with some helpful guides.

The cert itself probably has no direct bearing on anything practical (likewise to any other certs in general) but the foundations that it lays for other things from ETA, or to obtain others certs with the help of the study questions is helpful to say the least.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13374
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • tomtechtomtech Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□