Just qualified for MCSA 2003 -- update: completed MCSE

panikpanik Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi people

Just wanted to tell someone that I've finally qualified for the MCSA 2003

I've been in India training and taking the exams, because it's way cheaper here than the UK, and it's also on the way back to Australia :)

I passed 70-270, 290 and 291 this month, and I already have A+ and Network+

Just waiting for Microsoft to make it official.

I'm taking 70-294, 298 and 284 in the next few weeks for my MCSE 2003.

Seriously looking forward to getting back to Sydney and having a Steak :)

===================================================
Update: Completed MCSE, MCSA + Messaging

I've finished 70-293, 70-294, 70-298 and 70-284.

Just waiting for Microsoft to confirm everything now...

Comments

• malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nice one congrats icon_cool.gif
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    panik wrote:
    'm taking 70-294, 298 and 284 in the next few weeks for my MCSE 2003.

Jeez, you're taking all 3 exams within the next few weeks? That seems a bit accelerated.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    panik wrote:
    I passed 70-270, 290 and 291 this month
    You took all 3 in the same month?
    panik wrote:
    I'm taking 70-294, 298 and 284 in the next few weeks
    and these 3 in a months time?

HMMM
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    panik wrote:
    Hi people

Just wanted to tell someone that I've finally qualified for the MCSA 2003

I've been in India training and taking the exams, because it's way cheaper here than the UK, and it's also on the way back to Australia :)

I passed 70-270, 290 and 291 this month, and I already have A+ and Network+

Just waiting for Microsoft to make it official.

I'm taking 70-294, 298 and 284 in the next few weeks for my MCSE 2003.

Seriously looking forward to getting back to Sydney and having a Steak :)

Don't forget 293
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • TregTreg Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Man.....

What resources do you use for study? Do you have lots of previous experience?
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • panikpanik Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Treg wrote:
    Man.....

What resources do you use for study? Do you have lots of previous experience?

We are using the Microsoft Official Course material, and I've got quite a bit of experience.

I just spent the last two years in the UK working as a Support Team leader for a managed services company that ran Server 2000 and 2003. We had a few hundred servers in a big datacentre.

Before that I was a Network Admin in Australia, supporting NT4, 2000 and SQL for 6 years.

At the moment I'm training 8 hours a day, 6 days a week, plus revising in my spare time (all the time I'm not sleeping, eating or being sick from the dodgy food).

I'm not working at the moment, but If I had been it would have taken me months to prepare for each exam.

The compressed time scale is due to studying full time, and not working....
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats, good luck with mcse
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • HeBGBeesHeBGBees Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Some people's reaction here is making me worried now. I have 6 years of in-the-field experience. I am working part-time at the moment due to my studying, but am spending 8 hours a day studying with MS Press books and Train Signal CBTs. I plan to go over to Cyprus in the Summer to do my MCSE. I too have A+ & Network+ at the moment. The exam cost is £103.40 including VAT in the UK and only £40.25 including VAT in Cyprus. A big saving cause I could have a holiday in the Sun at the same time. I was going to get all my study done then go over and sit all the exams within the space of two to three weeks.

I feel I have the knowledge to pass client & 2000 exams with ease at the moment, the upgrade exams will be tricky and the security exams I don't know yet as I haven’t gone through the books yet. I am NOT braindumping but if employers will think this then all my hard work will go to waste. I want a better job, I am a good tech but am stuck in my job. I never got my MCSE when I should have and maybe my catch-up plans are too ambitious now?

Good luck with the MCSE panik
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Congrats and good luck with the MCSE.
  • panikpanik Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    HeBGBees wrote:
    Some people's reaction here is making me worried now. I have 6 years of in-the-field experience. ...
    I feel I have the knowledge to pass client & 2000 exams with ease at the moment, the upgrade exams will be tricky and the security exams I don't know yet as I haven’t gone through the books yet. I am NOT braindumping but if employers will think this then all my hard work will go to waste. I want a better job, I am a good tech but am stuck in my job. I never got my MCSE when I should have and maybe my catch-up plans are too ambitious now?

Good luck with the MCSE panik

I don't think you'll have any issues, 99% of employers will ask if you a load technical questions to prove you've got the skills and knowledge. You have enough experience to prove you know your stuff.

Only about 1% will check with MS that you've actually got the certs.

Don't worry, go for the exams :)

And thanks. Good luck with your certs as well. :)
  • TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Awesome work. When I was unemployed I studied for 3 tests and took all 3 in a month's time as well. I feel thats the only way to go!

I am going to see if I can take some time off this year to bust out some certifications as well.
  • resourcesresources Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck with your exams my friend. I live in Cyprus and yes indeed the exams are more cheaper as i know untill now. Have a nice holidays.
    A+ NETWORK+ MCP2000 MCP2003 (EC-COUNCIL) NSA CNST
  • elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    this sounds like another dumping story....... :P
    stonecold26.jpg
  • preecypreecy Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wow thats an impressive fast track to an mcse cert... well done!

i was patting myself on the back for passing 3 of the exams in 3 months...

sounds like you deserve it, you must have worked extremelly hard and have a brain like the guys from the matrix!
    next up SharePoint... what's that all about!
  • LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think doing 3 in a months time is not exactly impossible. My coworker left for Tampa on Monday for a 2week boot camp and came back with 4 exams passed on Friday. He has been working on 2003 servers for about 2-3 years now, but it isn't impossible.