Passed! Now MCSA

Passed today. Score was a rather shabby 715, I was unable to do my final review this weekend like I normally do and was unable to reschedule. I was a little worried but felt I did ok when I was ready to click the final button. Well...Hurray! :D I finally have my MCSA.

Material used to study were:

MS-PRESS 2nd Edition
Exam Cram 2
Preplogic Video's
Preplogic Review Questions
Transcender Review Questions

Now I'm of to tackle BSCI on my way to CCNP. Much more my speed rather then the MS stuff.

Georgemc
WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
Start Date: 01 October 2012
QFT1,PFIT in progress.
TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:

Comments

• IchigoIchigo Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How long did u take to study before u took the test.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations for passing!

And, congrats on the new MCSA!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations! :D
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_cool.gif

I am familiar with the MS-Press, Exam Cram and Transcenders. How did you like the Preplogic stuff?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Tachibana wrote:
    How long did u take to study before u took the test.

About six weeks of off and on studying. I kept postponing because I was getting through the entire MS book and was unable to find the time (motivation?) to do a final (all weekend) review with the Transcenders. If I'd actually done this I'm sure I would have done better.
    sprkymrk wrote:
    I am familiar with the MS-Press, Exam Cram and Transcenders. How did you like the Preplogic stuff?

The videos, I liked. The have plenty of end of module review questions and labs. The instructor, Aaron Spurlock, seems to be excited about the technology and has an air of competence about him. As for the Preplogic review questions, I can't put my finger on it but I do prefer the Transcenders.

Georgemc
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. Thanks for the preplogic review. Have you used any of their audio products?
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Congrats!

Doesn't it feel good? good luck with Cisco certs!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • allmightypcallmightypc Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Grats George, I'm glad to see you have wrapped it all up!