Options

Got a question about print permissions

markieman31markieman31 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
got a printer permissions question on one of these exams and i was stuck since I couldn't remember the difference between these two. I don't feel like looking it up, so if someone knows off hand, let me know.

What is the difference between- Allow:Print and Allow:manage printers

Comments

• Options
    Mr.BobsterMr.Bobster Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    From memory which may or may not be correct/wrong.

print.print (needless to say:)) and manage the printed document

manage printers. change printer specific preferences like name, shares etc, permssions and manage all docs sent to the printer

I can only say that I think those are correct but there is the possibility that i left some stuff out.
  • Options
    sounds familiar. Had to set the permission that allowed a user to Print and manage HIS documents.
  • Options
    Mr.BobsterMr.Bobster Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yea, im sure it would, most notably would something like this have come up in the path towards your MCSE? :P
  • Options
    hahaha, it sure would...either the MCSE...maybe even was part of the MCDST? I can't remember...but thats why I was going crazy. I was thinking to myself...man, I know this and I can't figure it out. I wasn't 100% sure, but I thought that Print allowed you to print and manage your own docs...thats the answer i chose, so looks like I had the right idea and was able to scrap together enough logic to pick, heh.