Last minute advice

cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
Sitting Sec+ in 30 hours, any last minute advice? Ive been through Skillsoft (work provided CBT) Exam Cram, All in one, and CBT nuggets a dozen times. I am scoring well on practice tests, however, my ports are not as strong as I would like them to be. Any ideas or memory devices you could share? I will post the results afterwards.

How about some good lucks??

-cacharo
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.

Comments

• cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    I left out the most popular resource...

http://www.techexams.net/technotes.php

;)
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Good luck with your exam, I have mine (hopefully) in about 6 weeks time, so no advice from me. Let us know how you get on :)

-Ken
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used to have a few tricks to memorizing port numbers, but most were pretty dumb and wouldn't mean anything to someone else. However, one really cool one I never forgot (but can't take credit for since someone else showed it to me):

NNTP - Network News Transfer Protocol = 119

Number Nine Trailing a Pair of 1's.
    All things are possible, only believe.
    I love it! Exactly what I was looking for! Keep them coming!
  • Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Ports for PPTP (1723) and L2TP (1701).
    Remember PPTP has 3 P's....so port number ends in 3.
    L2TP has only 1 P...so port number ends in 1.
    This is only useful if you are trying to remember which is which.
    Good luck!
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Vogon Poet wrote:
    Ports for PPTP (1723) and L2TP (1701).
    Remember PPTP has 3 P's....so port number ends in 3.
    L2TP has only 1 P...so port number ends in 1.
    This is only useful if you are trying to remember which is which.
    Good luck!

Mine is just like yours, but like I said it might be too weird for someone else. I also remember that PPTP has 3 P's, so it's 1,2,3. Then you just remember to stick the stupid T (which looks like a 7) in the right place.
    All things are possible, only believe.
    PASSED!!! 847!!!
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Nice job!
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats, well done :)

Not asking you to violate the NDA, but how did you find it?

-ken
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
    Easier than I expected. Possibly because I was fresh off my N+ and possibly tuned up my studying skills there. Also the addition of CBT Nuggets (which will procede all my studying for any cert forever) was huge in my mind. Like has been said many times before MAC, DAC, RBAC are essential, applying it to everything in your life, think of it in as many situations as you can think of.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    For last minute advice, I was going to write "don't fail". icon_lol.gif

Congrats on the pass, and welcome to the Security+ club. What's next on the hit-list?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    First: A two week break, I am in the middle of summer classes so I will be focusing on that for two more weeks.

Then: off to attack 70-270
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cacharo wrote:
    Easier than I expected. Possibly because I was fresh off my N+ and possibly tuned up my studying skills there. Also the addition of CBT Nuggets (which will procede all my studying for any cert forever) was huge in my mind. Like has been said many times before MAC, DAC, RBAC are essential, applying it to everything in your life, think of it in as many situations as you can think of.

congrats man!

I just started studying for this not too long ago, and all Ive been doing lately is relating MAC DAC and RBAC to real-life situations...

:D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security