Passed 70-293 with an 860

Title says it all - passed 293 with an 860

After 291, I would rate this exam a bit easier...not by much but still a little easier.

I used:
MS Press
Testout Video
CBTNuggets
This web site :)

A lot of folks said they had wireless on their exam, I however did not. I did however have a ton of NLB, Clustering, DNS, and DHCP, and to my suprize a great deal of IPSEC and GPO settings.

I thought there would be some GPO stuff as everything in this track seems to be leading up to AD and GPOs (70-294) but I have to admit I was taken back by the amount of GPO related questions I had...seemed every other question was GPO related or something to do with DNS.

Had 46 questions - 3 of them sims and they seemed pretty strait forward.

Two more for an MCSE - starting to get excited - see you in the 294 forums

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Good luck with 70-294. I found it pretty straight-forward, and the MSPress book is terrific for this exam. If you plan on using TestOut, don't be surprised to be disappointed. There is a different guy on the training than there is for the other MCSE courses, and in my opinion, he is TERRIBLE.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with the 70-294! I also agree that the Testout for 70-294 was horrible.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was wondering what version of Ms-press? 2nd? or first. After all the negative press with this book, I was wondering if you could rate it. I was half way through this book when I started hearing it was no good (my own fault for not investigating b4 reading) I have now finished the ms-press 2nd ed. and feel that I have learned next to nothing.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job Mr. bcairns! icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    congrats
    get back to studying!!!
  • bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    Congrats!

Good luck with 70-294. I found it pretty straight-forward, and the MSPress book is terrific for this exam. If you plan on using TestOut, don't be surprised to be disappointed. There is a different guy on the training than there is for the other MCSE courses, and in my opinion, he is TERRIBLE.

I noticed that.... he sways back and forth rambling on and on... I think he just got in from the local pub after kicking back a few too many.
  • BaggieBaggie Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□