Passed CCNA!!!

phatsoundzphatsoundz Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Finally folks, i passed.

I **** you not, 8th time's the charm. I went 8/9 weeks in a row after studying like ccrazy for over a year and at work (i'm bad)

got an 860

I must be the one who's taken this exam the most!!!

Comments

• markieman31markieman31 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nice Job! Congrats!
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    HOLY FRIKIN COW! CONGRATS MAN! Man thats gatta feel good after all that.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass. It's nice to see the work pay off, isn't it? Oh, and hey, don't forget to update your profile.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • phatsoundzphatsoundz Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks man, and it DOES feel good that its over...

thank god...

profile update :D
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Heh, now watch. . . after all those rounds with the CCNA, you'll go on and take CCNP exams and you'll pass each of those on your first or second try, no problem. Seriously, though, what are you planning on going for next?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

This is the only attempt that really matters! icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Slowhand wrote:
    Heh, now watch. . . after all those rounds with the CCNA, you'll go on and take CCNP exams and you'll pass each of those on your first or second try, no problem. Seriously, though, what are you planning on going for next?
    well i was thinking CCNP or CCSP. I work in a NOC now and get tons of exp with cisco, juniper, foundry stuff...but i've been interested in network security.
  • LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am on my way to joining you... I took it 3 times now...
    1st 670
    2nd 809
    3rd 796

I was so upset after I took it last time that I am now just going over all the material from scratch over and over until I know it all like the back of my hand. Hopefully I will stop at 4...

Congrats tho! :D
  • Noe84Noe84 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    8 time is a scary thought. Congrat, now you can breathe easily again until your next cert. Enjoy your CCNA.
    On to MCSA 2003.
  • floppydiskfloppydisk Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah baby yeah!!! congratulations man!!!! good work....
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow....8 times. Thats amazing that you stuck with it and finally passed it. Excellent job. Way to be persistent.

Good luck on your next exams!
  • CucumberCucumber Member Posts: 192
    congratulations!
    I hate pandas
    thanks all again! I feel like a new man, i love the weight and recognition a CCNA has :)
  • iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269
    phatsoundz wrote:
    thanks all again! I feel like a new man, i love the weight and recognition a CCNA has :)
    A guy in the office asked me how it felt to be CCNA. I told him "about the same as before I was CCNA." Then he mentioned how his buddy has been working on it for 7 years. I was like icon_eek.gif.

Everyone I've talked to says that Cisco exams are much harder than most others (Microsoft for example). Take pride in the fact that you've accomplished something great.

I'll be putting the Cisco is harder ideal to the test over the next 6 months as I take on MCSA/MCSE.
    CCNP Progress
    ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]
  • bleScreenedbleScreened Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    iproute wrote:
    phatsoundz wrote:
    A guy in the office asked me how it felt to be CCNA. I told him "about the same as before I was CCNA." Then he mentioned how his buddy has been working on it for 7 years. I was like icon_eek.gif.

Everyone I've talked to says that Cisco exams are much harder than most others (Microsoft for example). Take pride in the fact that you've accomplished something great.

I'll be putting the Cisco is harder ideal to the test over the next 6 months as I take on MCSA/MCSE.

HA! I've been taking practice exams for CCNA and MS 70-290 (Server 2003) for the last couple weeks. It surprises me how much better I do at the CCNA stuff than the Server 2003 stuff. And I work with Server 2003 everyday! The only real Cisco exposure I've had is my college class that I just finished. Looks like I was born for engineering and not admin. But seriously tho, MS is kinda a joke when it comes to certifications.
    Working on MCSE 2003 and B.S. in Networking
  • iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269
    ccaltacc wrote:
    iproute wrote:
    phatsoundz wrote:

HA! I've been taking practice exams for CCNA and MS 70-290 (Server 2003) for the last couple weeks. It surprises me how much better I do at the CCNA stuff than the Server 2003 stuff. And I work with Server 2003 everyday! The only real Cisco exposure I've had is my college class that I just finished. Looks like I was born for engineering and not admin. But seriously tho, MS is kinda a joke when it comes to certifications.
    Interest is the key, I believe. I am really into network engineering (much more so than UNIX/Linux/Windows server admin). That's probably what made CCNA easier for me. I'll probably have more difficulty on the MS stuff, as it's borderline boring icon_lol.gif
    CCNP Progress
    ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]
  • tottstotts Member Posts: 117
    phatsoundz wrote:
    Finally folks, i passed.

I **** you not, 8th time's the charm. I went 8/9 weeks in a row after studying like ccrazy for over a year and at work (i'm bad)

got an 860

I must be the one who's taken this exam the most!!!
    Congratulations... persistence and hard work has definately paid off.
    totts from essex
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Congrats!
    Great attitude and determination!