finally get to say this

jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
this link puts this post in context

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14706

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

as you can see by visiting the above link, it's been over a year since I last attempted this test, I haven't been studying for a whole year just got a little side tracked, passed security+ in the meantime icon_wink.gif

anyway

I PASSED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

been studying since like Jan/Feb and really hardcore for the past two months

got a 780....and yes i'm proud of it!!! lol

the materials I used were:

official MS course over two years ago...

recently got an online subscription to cbtnuggets, love em
syngress
ms press
sybex
trancender
self test
trainsignal
measureup
techexams
technet
vmware with a virtual lab
books24x7 online IT library
many free demo tests from LEGIT companys ( I put the name in this forum and preview, if it gets blocked I don't use it)

random help files, white papers and websites, google, info.com and other search engines

yes, I used alot of resources but I know and understand what I was tested on and didn't just pass a test, even though my score isn't the highest, i'm very pleased

my test consisted of 46 questions with 3 sims dealing with dns, creating users, and rras

the bulk of my test was WSUS and RRAS, with the remaining questions dealing with dns, dhcp, network monitoring and other random things from the objectives, very good test, not easy, not too too hard though, just alot of topics to become familiar with, playing with a lab helped alot, just becoming familiar with the menus and options

thanks to this site, I was encouraged not to give up and to continue to learn the subjects and not just study for a test, I love this place icon_cry.gif
get back to studying!!!

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

What I want to know is how in the world you passed with such minimal resourses? icon_lol.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

What I want to know is how in the world you passed with such minimal resourses? icon_lol.gif

determination lol

I love to gather info and then just use each for different things, I think that helped me out alot, plus i'll have them around for reference.
    get back to studying!!!
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and good job! Good to see determined people come through.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great Job!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Congrats! Glad to see you never gave up :)icon_thumright.gif
  • GeorgeMcFly22GeorgeMcFly22 Member Posts: 109
    Wow, if i fail an exam, i'm gonna remember your post.

Congrats, you're an example!!
    thanks to all
    get back to studying!!!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations. You going to bask for a while, or are you going on to another exam?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    lol, already preparing for 293.... :D
    get back to studying!!!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    my congrats to you and your determination!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • ZignonZignon Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome work.

When I took 70-291 there were 46 question, 3 sims (which were exactly what you mentioned), and was mostly related to WSUS, RRAS, and DNS. There were a few questions regarding Network monitoring but the majority were on those subjects.

WSUS is rather easy and so was RRAS for me. But DNS is hard. Definitely go in there knowing exactly what and when to use, stub zones, conditional forwarders, etc.

Congrats!!! What other tests have you taking and passed in your path to MCSE?

- Ziggy