Questions about the printed cert

terry_tamterry_tam Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Do we need to pay for the shipping fee to obtain the printed cert of Cisco?

Thanks!

Comments

• markieman31markieman31 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not the first time you get certified. I have heard from some people, that after your cert expires, and you re-certify they won't send you a new cert & ID card for free....but thats just what I have heard. But the first time is definitely free, because I have mine and I didn't pay for anyhting.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    terry_tam wrote:
    No -- you get a free copy -- either the printed or electronic PDF file version.

You can pay to have your "free" certificate shipped via DHL so that you get it faster.

I usually just wait for the free paper copy to show up and buy an additional electronic PDF version. The PDF versions are usually available for download within a few days of ordering,

I always just kind of assumed that "paying customers" get processed before the free copies... but I can't really prove it. :D

The nice thing about the DHL option -- your certificate probably won't get folded in half and stuffed into a mail box.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    terry_tam wrote:
    No -- you get a free copy -- either the printed or electronic PDF file version.

You can pay to have your "free" certificate shipped via DHL so that you get it faster.

I usually just wait for the free paper copy to show up and buy an additional electronic PDF version. The PDF versions are usually available for download within a few days of ordering,

I always just kind of assumed that "paying customers" get processed before the free copies... but I can't really prove it. :D

The nice thing about the DHL option -- your certificate probably won't get folded in half and stuffed into a mail box.

I caught the postie before he put mine through the door....luckily :p
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    Not the first time you get certified. I have heard from some people, that after your cert expires, and you re-certify they won't send you a new cert & ID card for free....but thats just what I have heard. But the first time is definitely free, because I have mine and I didn't pay for anyhting.

markieman31,

I can tell you that when you "recertify from scratch" that you do receive a new cert & ID card for free. I passed the 640-607 CCNA in 2003, therefore it expired in 2006. Recently, I passed the 640-801 CCNA exam in April 2007 and received a separate new cert & ID card for free.
  • markieman31markieman31 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    got ya. A guy I work with renewed his CCNA...I'm not sure by what means though...and he said Cisco was giving him a hard time about getting a new ID card and Cert without paying the fee.
  • opers13opers13 Member Posts: 100
    mikej412 wrote:

I went the DHL route after I passed the Firewall exam....I tell you...It showed up in 2 days!