hi.. everyone.. those who have passed CCNA or made attempts.

KishoreKumarKishoreKumar Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi.. everyone.. those who have passed CCNA or made attempts.
please post your score.

it will be helpful for beginners like me.

Comments

• phatsoundzphatsoundz Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    860 on my 8th attempt
  • r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I haven't passed nor attempted the CCNA and I don't want to sound insensitive, but I'm trying to understand how or why exam scores would be helpful??
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The only way I would see it being usefull, is maybe to have some kind of very small sample to calculate pass/fail rate to MAYBE make some kind of assumption as to the difficulty of the exam. icon_scratch.gif

But if it were me, I wouldn't want to keep announcing the the world that I failed.. icon_lol.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If it were me, I would care less about what scores people made and how many attempts and stay more focused on just learning the material.

That is after all the point of the whole endeavor, isn't it?... icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Just thoughts... I think it's a great idea to post marks, and number of attempts.

I sat and passed 11 MCP's before turning my attention to Cisco, and failed the CCNA twice. A similar forum had very candid members who pointed out the necessity for "hands-on", and that I wasn't the only one to fail this bad boy, and miserably.

It wasn't until I ebay'd myself a ccna starter kit (3 2500's and a Cat 1924) that I began to really 'get' the CLI. After that, a pass at 860.

It would be an interesting poll to see who's passed this exam on the first try... I'd bet it's a minority.

Mike
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
    I bet your right....
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • markieman31markieman31 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i've never taken the "BIG" CCNA exam...I split it into the two. I did the INTRO and the ICND. Passed both on the first attempt.... 900 on INTRO and 967 on the ICND.

as for the scores mattering, I don't see the point in it mattering either. Two scores matter to me...the passing one, and the perfect one. Anything in between and I could care less, heh.
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    885 here first attempt.

But like the others above, a pass is a pass. Only you will know hwo you acheived it, if you can sit back and say "yup i worked my ass of for that and read those books until i fell asleep" then you have done it the right way.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds like a good philosophy! :)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

796 on my first attempt. I know where I fell apart... it was trouble shooting VLANS in the simulation. I've been working lately and haven't gotten back on my feet w/ the CCNA stuff. I'll have to take a short boot camp in order to pass it these days. Life is really busy....
    CCNA Lab: Two 1720's, one 2520, two 2924XL switches
    [IPCop box] PIII 1GHz | 512MB RAM | 1 Gig Compact Flash HD
    Errors in your CCNA text book? Never mind, the authors don't care.
    poof
  • mysql1988mysql1988 Member Posts: 115
    947 second attempt

failed first time with 12 points away from passing.
  • fid500fid500 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    KishoreKumar reminds me of myself when I was in in engineering college. All I cared about were scores and did my best to get a perfect GPA. I ended up graduating with a GPA of 4.0 and many .....honors. Guess what? At the end, not many companies cared about my GPA on my resume.
    I realized that I should have focused little bit more on other things.
    Now that I am taking CCNA and planning on CCNP,CCVP, CCSP, I focus on understanding and practice. I want to totally understand everything. I got my self few routers and switches and try to practice on a daily basis since my job doesnt require CCNA.
    So KishoreKumar take it from me, focus on knowledge and not scores.
  • floppydiskfloppydisk Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    here's mine...

1st attempt: 821 / 849
    2nd attempt: 770 / 849
    3rd attempt: 834 / 849
    4th attempt: 910 / 849

hope it helps ya..
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I got 1000/1000 on the INTRO and 972 on the ICND, both on the first try. If you study hard and wait to take the exam when you're ready and fully prepared it's not that difficult.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • KishoreKumarKishoreKumar Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i thank every one for their valuable suggestions.

but

those who have not posted their scores. kindly post them.

please.. atleast for my satisfaction.

I feel that this helps me a lot.
  • ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
    I got 1000/1000 on the INTRO and 972 on the ICND, both on the first try. If you study hard and wait to take the exam when you're ready and fully prepared it's not that difficult.

lol i know thats right im always rushing in to things it took me 2 months for A+, 1 month for Net+, 1 month for server+ and 1 1/2 for sec+...but ccna i was trying to do samething like dat
    but fail my first 2 attemps on both intro and icnd so between those test took me 3 months
    intro 9 something
    icnd 963

take that advice If you study hard and wait to take the exam when you're ready and fully prepared it's not that difficult.
    If you stop getting better, you cease being good
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    898 second try..don't remember my first score, but it was pretty close.