Options

books to pass the ccna

aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm currently using CCNA cisco exam certification guide intro and incd books

i was thinking about getting a couple others because I was looking at just how many books cisco make for CCNA am I getting all the info I need form the two books i'm using.

one of the guys on here recommended Sybex 5th Edition CCNA,

also I wanna know how many CCNA books everyone else has got and read so come on, let me know?
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Comments

• Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No need to spend more money on more books when you already have Cisco press. You can't get much better than that as far as material needed to pass the exam. Ya some people will say " I like sybex or I like cisco press, or i like exam cram". Thats all great and all those books are great. But the ones you already have are great too. Some people say that Sybex is easier to read, well I say easy shmeasy, life ain't easy!!!!Don't get caught up in all the hooplah about which books to buy. The ones you have are just fine. Save the extra money you would be spending on uneeded books and buy some nuggets, or a couple routers, or a simulator. Study hard and study right and any of those books I mentioned will help you pass the exam, INCLUDING cisco press.

I use Sybex delux, and cisco press ICND. The only reason I am using sybex is because a friend is letting me borrow it. If I had INTRO and ICND and no friends, I would stick with what I had.

Good luck man!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks man that's a good level headed answer, I've got a really good lab so that's cool, i was just looking on amazon and there are ccna books 450 pages dedicated to

i.e WAN technologies

do they go deeper into it and explain stuff slower if so might be worth getting on for the areas I find hard picking up. Maybe it's OTT!!
    What's another word for Thesaurus?
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    Are you sure they're CCNA books and not just Cisco books?
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    WAN Technologies CCNA 4 Companion Guide is the official supplemental textbook for the CCNA 4 course of the Cisco Networking Academy Program.
    It's the Cisco Networking Academy semester 4 course in book form. I wouldn't bother with it because from my experience the Networking Academies seem to be slightly outdated or not as good as the cisco press books.
  • Options
    michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
    I agree that the Sybex and Cisco books are good, im my opinion they are the best, however I do believe that if you're failing tests and you read these books 2 or more times, you may need to change up your study material. I failled ICND twice so I ran out and got Kaplan IT Learning CCNA. It's brief but still detailed overviews. So far I like it. In my opinion do whatever you have to do, to pass the test. If it means buying ten different books go ahead (don't buy them all at one time of course) the price that you pay in taking a test over or buying a book is minimal compared to the amount of money you'll make with a CCNA and the knowledge you will be open to and gain when you get it
  • Options
    ilcram19ilcram19 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 206
    well it all depends on da person my recomandation is sybex and cisco press...it does hurt to learn from diferent ponit of view one may be aesier to understanf for u
    If you stop getting better, you cease being good
  • Options
    osiris69osiris69 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got my CCNA by self study Intro/ICND the thing with self study is you need more than one point of reference (no tutor to explain the things you find difficult to take in). No text book is perfect. I used Cisco Press and Sybex and preferred Sybex for Intro.