Options

Remote Desktop (again)

VantageUKVantageUK Member Posts: 111
Hi

Can't RDP from my 2003 server to my Win 2000 client. I'm logged on as Admin (is Admin automatically in the RD Users group?) but in the Browse For part of RD it doesn't display the Win 2000 machine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Charlie.

Comments

• Options
    tonydotigrtonydotigr Member Posts: 129
    Try remoting in by IP address.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    VantageUK wrote:
    Hi

Can't RDP from my 2003 server to my Win 2000 client. I'm logged on as Admin (is Admin automatically in the RD Users group?) but in the Browse For part of RD it doesn't display the Win 2000 machine.

What version of Windows 2000 is on the client?
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well for one, you always have to enable remote desktop connections to a computer via the system properties. Secondly, Windows 2000 does not support the remote desktop connections that we know of today in terms of going to system properties and enabling it. If you are connecting to Windows 2000 Server, then you can enable terminal services remote administration mode to allow 2 concurrent connections which will allow you to connect via the remote desktop client software. If you are using 2000 professional, then you have to use a 3rd party product or upgrade to XP/Vista.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    VantageUKVantageUK Member Posts: 111
    It's Win 2000 Pro.

Oh well...