Options

Updated CCNA Exams coming

redgrenredgren Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Found this today on the Cisco website:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/whats_new/ccna_introduces_entry_level_cert.html

The new exam will be available August 1,2007 and the current exam will no longer be available after Nov 6, 2007.

The new exams are listed here:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le0/le9/learning_certification_type_home.html

Comments

• Options
    hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    yeh i saw these

i think that we have plenty of time to get the ccna before 640-801 exam ends

:P
  • Options
    borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looks like there will be 2 ICND exams in the future? That's a bit of overkill, seems like a way to make more money from testing to me.
  • Options
    borumas wrote:
    Looks like there will be 2 ICND exams in the future? That's a bit of overkill, seems like a way to make more money from testing to me.

There will still be 2 exams, they will be called ICND1 and ICND2 instead of INTRO and ICND.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's already being discussed in this thread
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24537&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25

Hopefully Cisco will answer a few more questions people have been asking in their next Press Release.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    There's an 'episode' of CCNA TV covering CCNA News and Program Updates, in two days, on the 26th at 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time/ 1:00 p.m. Pacific Time/ 20:00 GMT

Probably already full (?), and after a week they still haven't reactivated my account so I couldn't subscribe... Anyway, it's should be available in the CCNA prepcenter at cisco.com some time after the live broadcasting.
  • Options
    Webmaster wrote:
    There's an 'episode' of CCNA TV covering CCNA News and Program Updates in 1 hour:
    4:00 p.m. Eastern Time/ 1:00 p.m. Pacific Time/ 20:00 GMT

Probably already full (?), and after a week they still haven't reactivated my account so I couldn't subscribe... Anyway, it's should be available in the CCNA prepcenter at cisco.com some time after the live broadcasting.

I think that's in two days? You still have time to see if you can get in.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    icon_confused.gif Thanks, corrected my post. I told them why I needed access again and it seemed they understood, promised reactivation in 2 business days the first time, which was 10 days ago already... so I'm having doubts whether they'll sort it out before Tuesday. I'm sure they will expand their FAQ/knowledge base soon to cover the common questions.

Also, I started on new CCNA TechNotes 2 days ago. I'm going to give updating and expanding our practice exams/TechNotes/TechLabs the highest priority. I definitely like the improved clarity of the exam objectives.