Options

Security+ in two weeks

bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
Hi folks.

I've been reading some comments on this forum for a week or so now (what a great forum/site btw guys).

I've been studying for the Security+ exam now for about 5 weeks and I've got the exam in two weeks time. I've been using the Mike Meyers Security+ passport, Sybex and the learnkey vids.

I'm reasonably confident that I'll have drilled down on some of the things I'm weaker on in the next two weeks, but I'm wary that some of the CompTIA questions leave a lot to be desired. Do you guys have any advice on this, or suggest other materials that'll put my mind at ease?

I REALLY don't want to fail this one due to the rather extortionate price in the UK.

Cheers :)
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I found that out of all the study materials I had used that the Question on the CD that came with the passport book seem to be the best resource of what to to expect on the real exam. Very similar question/answer style.

The Sybex book was probably the the book that covered the Test objectives the best... I also used Syngress, but it was more difficult to read and IMO it was overkill for the exam. I still recommend reading it for a better grasp on Security as a whole.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    The info that you are studying is very good, but you're right. The questions on the test can be worded oddly. I like to get a practice test book that is different from my textbooks.
    Like you, I used Mike Meyers and Sybex. After I learned the info as well as possible, I turned to MeasureUp and ExamCram practice tests. I recommend ExamCram (practice test, not textbook). It has a lot of practice questions that are often phrased a little differently. It will definitely show you the areas where you need more work.
    Good luck!
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • Options
    Cheers for the quick and helpful responses guys.

I'll let you know how I get on.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Well, it's exam time tomorrow (2pm UK time).

Though I've thoroughly read the Sybex and Passport books a few times, as well as the notes on here I'm rather nervous. I don't think it's helped that this will be my first 'technical' cert for a couple of years (I've ended up in senior management and therefore am far-less hands on than I'd like, but I miss it a lot so I'm trying to get back into it again, for my own satisfaction and benefit at least).

Anyway, wish me luck and I'll report back tomorrow :)