New Rookie!

CkingCking Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Here comes a new rookie from CHina.
i am working on wireless network such as ad hoc, mesh.
i am wondering what does it have anything to do with CCNA?
does CCNA covers all the knowledge aforementioned.
any light on this will be much appreciated.
come on . those who knows 802.11,16.opnet,ad hoc are preferred.

Comments

• PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Cking wrote:
    Here comes a new rookie from CHina.
    i am working on wireless network such as ad hoc, mesh.
    i am wondering what does it have anything to do with CCNA?
    does CCNA covers all the knowledge aforementioned.
    any light on this will be much appreciated.

The CCNA covers very little, if anything , on Wireless Networking. Well apart from the IEEE standards associated. You might want to check out the CWNA, not sure about the prerequisites for this one though.

Cheers,
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    the intro part of the CCNA covers some wireless, but not much. but, i belive the new CCNA exams will be much more in detail on subjects like wireless networking. fear not~
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The new CCNA 640-802 exam covers some WLAN and the exam is available from 1st August 2007.

Not sure when the study material is available.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/640-802.html#rectrain
    Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN

- Describe standards associated with wireless media (including: IEEE WI-FI Alliance, ITU/FCC)
    - Identify and describe the purpose of the components in a small wireless network. (Including: SSID, BSS, ESS)
    - Identify the basic parameters to configure on a wireless network to ensure that devices
    connect to the correct access point
    - Compare and contrast wireless security features and capabilities of WPA security (including: open, WEP, WPA-1/2)
    - Identify common issues with implementing wireless networks. (Including: Interface, Miss configuration)

I think if you're a rookie then CCNA 640-802 is a good option for you to understand networking then possibly check out the CWNP forums on this site

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=29
  • CkingCking Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks very much, wiz! :D
  • CkingCking Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i am still at sea about what kind of stuff this forum can offer.
    there is 3 month to go for hunting a job. I want to apply for a vacant position in Cisco Company.
    to my knowledge, i am familar with IEEE 802.11 MAC and some routing protocols such as AODV , DSR. But most of them are referring to wireless communication but not to network and application. so what should i be able to konw in terms of offering an application for Csico in the coming job market. thanks in advance!!!